A WARNING for Galaxy Nexus potential buyers

hydro556

Reaction score
The problem the Nexus has is unrelated to the Nexus itself.

It is a result of the stupid way overdone hype from many boards, including this one. No phone ever lives up to it when it is overdone like this one was.

I have had mine for 10-11 days. The phone is not perfect, but it is easily the best phone I have ever had (OG then Incredible, tried Bionic and Razr) and in my opinion the best phone available. The build quality IS excellent. Dont mistake light for crappy. They are not always the same.

The problem is the phone was built up as some perfect super-device, when in fact people should have recognized that all new devices have teething issues, and when you factor in that not only is it a new, high end device, but that it is also ushering in a whole new first time ever OS, you'd be a fool not to expect some issues requiring OTA's.

Considering things in realistic terms, the Nexus has done well, and the fact that it is Google's pet phone means issues will be corrected quickly and the phone will be maintained for a long time.

I, as most here, could exchange for any other device out there, but I am not. I am confident that I have the best device available today.

GoBears

Reaction score
Actually the opposite is true for me. I was expecting a lot worse from ICS but I'm pretty blown away with how smooth and awesome it is. I knew the hardware that was in it and I knew who was making it. No surprises to me really.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Not sure why there are so many different experiences here. I have had great luck with my phone so far and the call quality has been perfect for me even in an area I always have trouble in. Speaker phone works perfectly. When I moved from my blackberry storm I hated my new fascinate (didn't like ANYTHING About It for a week.) when I got "used to it" glad I upgraded. Now I upgraded again and same scenario. I hated this phone for days, BUT now that I am getting used to it I absolutely LOVE IT. The moral of this story. GIVE IT AT LEAST A WEEK.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I Have 2 Nexus and 1 RAZR. Both excellent devices, after a couple tweaks. Neither was perfect out of the box but still good. Personally, I prefer the Nexus but would use the Razr if my wife would let go of it. However, highly unlikely she will ever grab the Nexus from my son and I.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
We be watching you :) for those that have kept the debate civil and clean I thank you. For those that just want to bash one handset over the other please refrain from doing so. It's ok to have an opinion but to call peoples handset of choice "junk" or "trash" is not going to add anything of substance to the thread. It will only incite others and understandably so.

Last thing I want to do is close the thread on you all so please respect each other and keep the debate civil.

Thank you!!!!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this thread was about the Razr Cereal would have closed it by now.

:D

Jung136

Reaction score
I love my galaxy Nexus..The only problem is the battery.. I don't see any signal issues whatsoever and I think the call quality is great on both ends

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If this thread was about the Razr Cereal would have closed it by now.

:D
banned....hahahahaha

Nah I don't mind phone war threads as long as people make good arguments instead of just all out flaming. We have one going in the RAZR forum as well :)

Interesting enough though I wasn't the one who warned people in there ;)

captdroid

Reaction score
banned....hahahahaha

Nah I don't mind phone war threads as long as people make good arguments instead of just all out flaming. We have one going in the RAZR forum as well :)

Interesting enough though I wasn't the one who warned people in there ;)

Ah cereal your a good guy... poor choice of phone but a good guy non the less... LOL :D I am joking I am joking I am joking :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ah cereal your a good guy... poor choice of phone but a good guy non the less... LOL :D I am joking I am joking I am joking :)

Totally agree he is a great guy even though he chose the Razr. :D lol

refthemc

Reaction score
Bought a Nexus, returned it by end of day...

Any reception problems that I had were fixed with the leaked Radios that came out last week, as far as phone numbers, I think I actually logged on to my Gmail and Manually cleaned some old contacts out a couple of months back. So far I'm really diggin this phone :)