A very easy guide to Rooting, backup, and ROM flashing for the D2....

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about following this guide then the answer is yes. I have used and referring this thread to a ton of people at this point.

Mike Lazaga

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Nerdlogic. I was able to root with your easy walkthrough and really enjoying my phone.

george396

Reaction score
well, seem to be stuck here. did the root with the z whatever sucessfully, did the back up ok, loaded liberty rom from link on the liberty thread. sticks on the yellow fist. tried factory clear and still sticks at yellow fist. was it the wrong rom? lgbd2-07.ZIP

Reaction score
Ok first thing... are you running Gingerbread? If not... find the D2 file on MyDroidWorld.com and flash it like you did Liberty. You might have to sbf since you tried to load a GB ROM on a Froyo Firmware

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

george396

Reaction score
is that like apply sd card update:update.zip?
if so where on sd card do i put it?

Reaction score
The GB file would be an update.zip format but the sbf would need The software RSDlite 4.9 and an updated sbf file for the D2 need to be put on your computer to sbf. After you sbf you need to reflash GB and then you'll be activating and then you can do the normal process for flashing LBGB.07

Reaction score
I'll have to show you those links soon... I'm on my phone right now so I'm not at full surfing potential

george396

Reaction score
oooo, rochester, huh? if i really get backed into a corner can i come see you?
i am just west of medina

Reaction score
Pm me your gtalk account name. I'll help when I get home in 30

george396

Reaction score
ok. got the rsd lite to talk to my phone and loaded 2.3.20 system and it booted up. went to the droid set up like new phone.