A total noob

eddiemmabell

Reaction score
I have had the droid 2 for about a month now, love it, but is there a way to keep a constant 3G signal without it bouncing to 1x?

Sent from my DROID2

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

3G signal has to do with your signal....

Have you tried *228 option 2 recently? (update your PRL)

Cloppy

Reaction score
Did you get the ota update yet? I had that issue from occasionally before this update. My signal is stable now.

OP
E

eddiemmabell

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yes, was reading and I updated after I read the post's. As I was downloading it was at 1x 2 bars, now I have 3G 3 bars. I wonder if the update helped with that?

Sent from my DROID2

Cloppy

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yes, was reading and I updated after I read the post's. As I was downloading it was at 1x 2 bars, now I have 3G 3 bars. I wonder if the update helped with that?

Sent from my DROID2

Glad to hear its working :) yea the update includes a baseband update which helps the radio and signal

OP
E

eddiemmabell

Reaction score
Awesome, also what about rooting this phone? Is a good idea and what are the pros/ and cons?

Sent from my DROID2

Cloppy

Reaction score
Awesome, also what about rooting this phone? Is a good idea and what are the pros/ and cons?

Sent from my DROID2

It allows a few extra apps on the market to run like adfree titanium backup and things like that. Also allows you to install custom roms. If you like to tweak around with system settings and remove bloatware yea rooting has its benefits.