A Thread Of Topics You Would Never Like To See Again

MrKleen

Reaction score
I hope I never see a post about when we will get the 2.1 update again!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how about the big keyboard/ no keyboard debate. Every other week there is a thread about it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we do a thread of users we'd never like to see again;)?

I'd be sure to post first in that.

I got a few :icon_ devil:

PM me that list.....Just kidding.

There's a big difference between a thread topic that bothers you and a person. And I know you were just kidding too Tanknspank because you're part of an important team here. Lets all sing kumbyah now.;)

I'll let you in on a little secret... hookbill is on the list. Don't let him know, kk?

Kk, I'm done. :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ugh I HATE the threads with "Hi I'm new here...My name is blah blah blah" I See soooo many threads like that.

J/k lol :D Welcome all new members :heart: dancedroid

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll let you in on a little secret... hookbill is on the list. Don't let him know, kk?

Kk, I'm done. :)

Yeah, but your list isn't the important one it's the one I keep that matters.;)

And you're not on it. Yet. :D

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any thread that starts with "Is it just me, or...?". I'm not sure why this is so prevalent on every forum site I frequent. I really have to fight the urge to reply "Yes, it is just you. Sorry." :p

Help me pick between (insert phone) and Droid
Tell Me What the Best Apps Are
These 2 really bug me and I think it's because they always come across as "I can't be bothered to look into them". What's worse is that they're highly subjective topics and the OP's rarely mention anything about what they want/need which is critical when discussing these topics. It's not unique to this forum though (if you expand the device comparison to more than just X versus Droid). I see it on every discussion forum out there.

The implied "I can't be bothered" probably isn't always the case though. I'm sure in many situations people are confused/overwhelmed and just don't know where to start. I don't understand why there aren't more posts that ask for clarification rather than blind recommendations.

"convince me..." threads in any form
...same for those threads. I'm happy to offer info if someone doesn't know or needs to be pointed in the right direction. It's up to the OP to convince his/her self once all the info is in hand.

Since FAQ's and stickies apparently don't work, I think (well, I guess I hope) the next best thing will be FAQ bots that autorespond to such questions. :D

clippy.png

"It looks like you're trying to decide between the Droid and the Droid Incredible..."

Last edited:

BPB

Reaction score
I've got one; this isn't a thread so much as a continuing type of post:

"What is the point of this app? [I'm not the type of user this app is designed for and obviously have no understanding of what it's supposed to do, but I still think it's stupid.]"

Diordna

Reaction score
I hate all the complaints about "My droid tried to kill me in my sleep"

I mean come on, it's even in the freaking contract they sign that they're &*%$ed

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since FAQ's and stickies apparently don't work, I think (well, I guess I hope) the next best thing will be FAQ bots that autorespond to such questions. :D

clippy.png

"It looks like you're trying to decide between the Droid and the Droid Incredible..."

Love it. :biggrin:

Your comment about FAQs and stickies reminded me of a joke:

A guy runs a news stand in an office building. People kept stopping by asking, "What the time is it?" So he installed a clock that receives radio signals from Time Standard. Now the questions are, "Is that clock correct?"

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Threads complaining about other threads ;)

I like this answer...

You know just about everything regarding the droid has already been covered on this site... so why talk about it anymore??

Maybe they should stop all newbees from posting at all and the moderators can just post the "smart" stuff and we can all read and learn and be in awe of their wisdom...
And they can change the name from droidforum to droidinfo...

Can't believe a mod posted this...

It's like inviting people into your world and telling them to shutup if they're stupid.... too bad... maybe time to get off the high horse and pass the torch to somebody who's still interested in helping people learn and gain info about our "cult of droid"... even if they're too lost or helpless to find it themselves in this beast of a site...