A Thread Of Topics You Would Never Like To See Again

cbushnell

Reaction score
How quickly you forget Matt's favorite...

I downloaded Handcent and now I'm getting TWO notifications!!!! Please help.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How quickly you forget Matt's favorite...

I downloaded Handcent and now I'm getting TWO notifications!!!! Please help.

Keep them coming! Even if we already mentioned it, post it. You'll feel better, so say's Dr. hookbill. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah but some of us asked or participated in those threads lol.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to download Nandroid? I looked and can't see it in the market.

ROFL My absolute favorite...

...mostly because I remember the night I rooted asking the same question. In all fairness I lurked my way thru the whole root process;)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Will I get in trouble with Verizon if I tether my droid"...I mean really? :rolleyes:
"My Ipad is better than the droid" I mean seriously? :icon_ nono2:

lol That reminds me:

What will happen if I return my phone to verizon rooted.....

And the which phone should I get.....

Them: Which phone should I get?
Us: Whatever phone you want.
Them: But I need you to tell ME what to do with MY MONEY!!
Us: Whatever phone you want.
Them: But I need someone else to make up MY MIND for me!!!

I dont really mind the phone vs phone threads. Good pros and cons helps ppl on the fence decide which way to go.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah but some of us asked or participated in those threads lol.

This is so true. From my opening post I have to admit I started a thread on each topic I selected. And I wasn't the first to ask it. To the Forum members credit not one person ever told me to use the search or made any type of a rude remark. Thank you all for that. :)

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I agree, we have all participated on some level in all of these threads.

I think another favorite is:

I have searched and just can't find the answer..... or
I am sure this has been asked before but .................

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
hook this is sort of off topic but I have a few questions.

First off I'm getting poor battery life and I'm rooted. I think it's caused by high temperature's. What are reasonable operating temps for the battery and phone?

Anywhere between the temperature it takes to cool a beer to optimal drinking temperature and the temp it takes to light a cigar should be safe for both phone and battery

I'm also torn about task killers. I have read I shouldn't use them but what do you think?

You should only need to use a task killer IF (and only IF) a task has attempted to kill YOU in the past. Otherwise, a task can generally be reasoned with and doesn't need to be killed!

I'm debating about getting the Moto Droid 2 or Moto Droid Pro later this year but I'm unsure at the moment. What do you think I should do? I'd like a line by line breakdown on why I should have on over the other.

Simply answer: Moto Droid Pro has more letters in its name, and thus it MUST be better. So, go with the Pro!

Going back to my current device the Moto Droid though. My call clarity is good. will it stay that way or do I need to do something to keep it clear?

rinsing out both the earpiece and microphone weekly with warm soapy water should ensure optimal call quality for years to come!

MY last question....

Sorry about them all : )

Any recommendations on some apps I should have? How about a "must have" list first followed by "pretty awesome but not needed" and ending with "worth a shot"

Simple.... Download any and all apps that you can find in the marketplace. Doesn't matter WHAT they do, you NEED all the apps.

Thanks for your time Hook.

My answers are in BOLD :biggrin:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
PilotChharles747 why are you hanging out here anyway? Shouldn't you be helping somebody answer their phone or whatever it is you do around here?:p

*LOL* I'd HOPE he was paying attention to piloting his 747...... and not playing around with his phone......

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

First off I'm getting poor battery life and I'm rooted. I think it's caused by high temperature's. What are reasonable operating temps for the battery and phone?

Anywhere between the temperature it takes to cool a beer to optimal drinking temperature and the temp it takes to light a cigar should be safe for both phone and battery

I'm also torn about task killers. I have read I shouldn't use them but what do you think?

You should only need to use a task killer IF (and only IF) a task has attempted to kill YOU in the past. Otherwise, a task can generally be reasoned with and doesn't need to be killed!

I'm debating about getting the Moto Droid 2 or Moto Droid Pro later this year but I'm unsure at the moment. What do you think I should do? I'd like a line by line breakdown on why I should have on over the other.

Simply answer: Moto Droid Pro has more letters in its name, and thus it MUST be better. So, go with the Pro!

Going back to my current device the Moto Droid though. My call clarity is good. will it stay that way or do I need to do something to keep it clear?

rinsing out both the earpiece and microphone weekly with warm soapy water should ensure optimal call quality for years to come!

MY last question....

Any recommendations on some apps I should have? How about a "must have" list first followed by "pretty awesome but not needed" and ending with "worth a shot"

Simple.... Download any and all apps that you can find in the marketplace. Doesn't matter WHAT they do, you NEED all the apps.

ROFLMAO :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
ROFLMAO :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I figured i'd answer ALL of those questions, ONCE and for all! :icon_ banana:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

MY last question....

:rofl3: :rofl3::rofl3:

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score