A suggestion for future user interface improvement

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rednukleus, Jan 29, 2010.

1. rednukleus

rednukleus New Member

An app that when accessed does nothing more than toggle hiding of the notification bar. The app would be intended for launching with the hardware shortcut keys (Search + N for eg.).

This would be especially useful for landscape users, who face a longer notification bar which takes up a larger percentage of the total screen area. I want a fullscreen web browser like on other phones. I want to have admin level abilities to hide the notification bar, and a quick app to bind to a shortcut and toggle the bar on or off.
  2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Until then try Home++ it hides the notification bar. It also supports the HomeScreen in Landscape w/o needing to open the keyboard.
  3. rednukleus

rednukleus New Member

This is good information. I tried home ++ the week after I got the droid. I was disappointed that it hid the bar only in home screen. I like the bar on when I am on home screen. I wish I could turn it off at all other times when I am using a landscape app and not viewing the homescreen.

I wish to use the hardware keyboard more because it allows the convenience of entering menu commands without the delay of visual feedback that is necessary for a touchscreen menu system. I dislike landscape mode because the notification bar takes up a larger portion of the screen than it does in portrait mode. I therefore wish, while I am in landscape, to hide the bar at all times except when I am on the home screen.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
Search tags for this page

droid x2 sluggish