A Stronger Vibrate???

Padawan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there anything that can be done to "strengthen" the vibrate mechanism in the Eris? I miss every call when my Eris is in vibrate mode because I don't feel it.

A majority of the problem is the holster/belt clip I bought for it. Because of the rubbery-like plastic its made of, it absorbs most, if not all, the vibration. I am going to look at other holsters (what's everyone else using???) but thought I would ask if anyone know of anything that could be done.

Thanks so much!
Padawan

willow

Reaction score
Over 300 lookers, and no replies :icon_eek:

I have the same problem, so I thought I would bump this and see if it is what it is with everybody else. I miss calls all the time too :icon_evil:

Anything we can do to make it stronger?

got24s

Reaction score
I've had the samee problem. The only thing you can do is download the app called "handcent" with it you can adjust the vibrate

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Stronger

I think the lack of responses is a product of everyone biting their tongue. :)
Wish I had something usefull to offer you.

Good luck.

fking29

Reaction score
Handcent will not increase the vibrate, but it will give you options to increase length and the number of pulses. I always missed text messages until I got Handcent. Not great but an improvement.

mistaj33

Reaction score
MissedCall

I use MissedCall to accomplish the same thing. Incoming text messages come in with 3 short pulses then audio. I don't mind the stock messaging so I haven't tried Handcent yet. Also, MissedCall allows for repeating alerts so I don't have to physically look at my phone to see if I missed a call/text. To me, this is huge, esp since the vibrate is so weak and I keep my phone in my pocket mostly.

Btw, I believe only v.0.8.8 works on the Eris. Been running it for about a week now with no issues. Oh, and LED color-change doesn't work on the Eris yet. Don't think any app can do that yet. At least not one that I've found.

enthused91

Reaction score
No-- It's not your belt clip that is the problem, it is the horribly weak vibrate alone that is the problem. I can't feel it even when I know it is going off, which is bad. There is an app called 'Smart Vibrator' that changes the way the ringer pulses for calls and texts -- should help a bit maybe, but still a weak vibrate is weak no matter how it vibrates.

heloman4

Reaction score
longer phone vibration

hey all new to the droid thing and i had the same thing with missing calls as i drive a truck. did buy the holster and love that cause it quickly slides in and out but just found an app in the market called smart vibrator. lets you make your own patern for ring and message using .' real easy and make as long as you want FREE APP

enthused91

Reaction score
delayed calls

Does anyone else think that smart vibrator delays phone calls coming in? Seems like I get half a ring before some calls go to voicemail... can't figure out if it is related to that program or not

Iowa_Sailor

Reaction score
Try VibraSeq

VibraSeq seems to work well. I just installed it and I can lower the tones, so you can get those that you can feel through belts, cases, etc.