A Smartphone Is NOT for Unsmart Users

R

racklefratz

I scan the thread titles here and I see a litany of people whining about all the things they think their phone won't/can't do, and I just shake my head. I can't even bring myself to read all the whiney diatribes about how worthless you people think the Droid is.

C'mon, people. Accept the device for what it is, and for what it has the potential to be in the future with upgrades, and get on down the road, or just ditch the damned thing. Whining about everything here is just poor. If this is NOT the phone for you, get over it and buy something else.

A lot of us are really pleased with the Droid. And it gets old reading all your uninformed whining and moaning about how "things ought to be".

Dejavoo

Reaction score
You must be on commission or the 2.0 droid development team.

OP
R

racklefratz

You must be on commission or the 2.0 droid development team.

And you'd be just about as wrong as you could be.

I'm a pretty well satisfied Droid owner, nothing more. Your cynicism is blatantly obvious, and unappreciated.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Look, I understand your frustrations... and honestly at times I share some of them. But people have a right to demand what they think they should be getting out of a ~$400 device.

I don't agree with all of them, but that doesn't make me right and them wrong. sure there is a learning curve, and some demand "dumb phone" features in a smart phone because they don't know any better, but this is supposed to be a community since we all share one thing... we thought (correctly in my estimation) that the Droid is one hell of a good device.

So help a noob understand rather than unspooling the anger.

Drooling4Droid

Reaction score
I do not write much here, but read regularly...okay, every free moment I have. I too am sick of all the whining. I love my Droid now and I am even more excited about the potential.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha calm down fratz.

Android is pretty much new still. Alot of people have never seen anything like it before, like me and I've come from two smartphones, both WinMo (as complicated as it gets). Took me awhile to get the learning curve of this phone and I had it since launch day, and now I'm finally comfortable about my setup and all that. It's much more user-friendly but there's alot of hidden features in the phone.

Seems that each Droid really is different. GPS issues, wifi issues, browser, phone quality, etc. Luckily I've never had any problems except for one where i needed a battery pull. But it really took me a good 2 weeks to get the hang of this phone and I rarely put it down in that time either. After customization with all the apps, you forget how to change some settings and all that from the Android settings itself.

And honestly, if you're just going to come in and complain at how many people seem to be constantly confused by their phone you shouldn't be in this part of the forum. It is called Tech issues for a reason, you already know that every post deals with difficulties. Don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but threads like this especially in this sub-forum, are really unnecessary. I mean some people aren't as tech-savvy and are afraid to push buttons, so we're here as a community to help each other out, not put all the noobs on blast about their supposedly "dumb questions". Sure some of us don't really use the SEARCH FUNCTION as often as we should, but this section is to answer questions, not vent frustrations.

Last edited:

Dejavoo

Reaction score
First of all you attacked everyone that has had a question or complaint about the phone. So by your own words, smart phone in not for UNSMART USERS in your words again "cynicism is blatantly obvious, and unappreciated". You forgot to use the word Hypocrite and then you would finally make some sense. I too like my Droid but there are a couple thing that needs to be fixed. YOU entered a forum titled "Tech issues, Bug Reports & Suggestions", just atta curiosity what were you expecting to find, people posting how much they loved their Droid. With the complaints that I have, I have personally contacted Motorolla and have taken steps other than what you call "whining" to fix it. This Topic is a waste of time, I really don't care what you have to reply with so don't bother, I won't be checking back. Your just another cyber bully with a keyboard.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
rants and raves? didn't another site have a whole forum section for that because people were so 'touchy'? rhymes with smack-cherry...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mods, please close this thread. This thread isn't going to go anywhere helpful....

GeorgeGlass

Reaction score