A simple request for the CVPCS team

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess imma have to learn me how to theme adw. Just about got the ROM theme'in figured out so I'll need a new project

New projects are always fun. I've gotten ubuntu dual booted and am compiling roms because of needing something new. :)

Sent from my Droid

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I was set on launcher pro but decided to try adw since bgill and all them where talking it up. Figured that I wouldn't like it but I was way wrong, its awesome once you get it tuned in. Plus you can make any widget the size you want it, so pictures can take up a whole screen our half whatever you want. Y'all should def. try it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You can do that with LP+ too ...

area52

Reaction score
Guess imma have to learn me how to theme adw. Just about got the ROM theme'in figured out so I'll need a new project

New projects are always fun. I've gotten ubuntu dual booted and am compiling roms because of needing something new. :)

Sent from my Droid

I've been thinking about taking that on. I spend more time in linux working this phone I may as well use it on my comp as well.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I've been thinking about taking that on. I spend more time in linux working this phone I may as well use it on my comp as well.

It's a breath of fresh air compared to windows 7...

Sent from my Droid

shocka2430

Reaction score
I guess I am bias on this cuz I've been with LP for so long. I just think it has more to offer than any other home launcher ...
I was with lp since it came out almost and wouldn't even think about switching. They are both great but you don't haver to pay to stretch out the widgets in adw:p

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I guess I am bias on this cuz I've been with LP for so long. I just think it has more to offer than any other home launcher ...
I was with lp since it came out almost and wouldn't even think about switching. They are both great but you don't haver to pay to stretch out the widgets in adw:p

I agree that ADW is an awesome replacement as well, guess I am just more comfortable with LP cuz I've been with it longer. I admit that's kinda lazy :tongue:
I may have to give ADW another try one day ...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Off topid….but now the entire thread is…..I just wanted to know who a simple question could develop into a multi page post,,,Sometimes that indicates flaming going on but you all are playing nice with each other. Carry on. :)

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Off topid….but now the entire thread is…..I just wanted to know who a simple question could develop into a multi page post,,,Sometimes that indicates flaming going on but you all are playing nice with each other. Carry on. :)

Hook You Make me Smile sometimes!! My Brother that shares the same un-nick name as me!!!!

nygrik

Reaction score
You could also dl the .apk from here:
http://www.jbthemes.com/anderweb/ADW.Launcher_v113_standalone.apk
Then move it to system/app with root explorer, change permissions and reboot

besides the download link would this method of moving launchers allow me to use launcherpro as the system launcher or should i just leave it as the default option?? and would it be more responsive because its in the system folder ??...sorry to hijack

edited because i forgot how to form coherent sentences

also i deleted the stock launcher using titanium backup when installing the rom so there is no other option on the phone to be recognized but from the sound of some of these posts makes me feel like there may be a lag or redraw if the phone has to look further then the system folder to find the default launcher...

litso

Reaction score

I've found that within the CVPCS forums we all almost always play nice =D. its really refreshing to see such a solid community come together around such a solid piece of programming.

besides the download link would this method of moving launchers allow me to use launcherpro as the system launcher or should i just leave it as the default option?? and would it be more responsive because its in the system folder ??...sorry to hijack

also i deleted the stock launcher using titanium backup when installing the rom so there is no other option on the phone to be recognized but from the sound of some of these posts makes me feel like there may be a lag or redraw if the phone has to look further then the system folder to find the default launcher...

I don't think just having it run from the system folder would make a difference (if it worked at all). The system versions are specially coded, that's why they run better. I could be wrong about this but that's my understanding. Without adjusting to code I don't think you would actually see much performance increase, if it worked at all.

area52

Reaction score
the adw.apk from that link is designed to run from your system folder.

area52

Reaction score

use adw as the system launcher and keep launcher pro as the market version.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Believe a template is available here for that, have to look for it though.