A simple project for a capable dev

Graymayre

Reaction score
An inclinometer substitute for a DirecTv install tech. I have a great idea for a satellite finder app.
The idea is to use compass, accelerometer, and camera to determine a position in the sky for line of site to satellites.
Like Layar and similar apps that superimpose images on the screen using the compass and gps location, I imagined an app that can superimpose an image or spot where the satellites are in the sky so that we can find the best location without obstacles.
Now this can get more complicated further on in development, because the satellites are in a different position depending on your location. We typically go by zipcodes with a corresponding azimuth/elevation to shoot for from a database.

A simple start would be an app that I could use in my location with just a specific azimuth and elevation to superimpose a spot on the camera. If you wanted to continue development on a fine-tuned universal app that could calculate by location, that would be awesome and could bring in some money considering it would already be replacing a $200 tool.

If anyone is interested, email me at [email protected].
Of course this could be my opportunity to start my own app development, but I don't know where to start. I barely know how to create a virtual device.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
Graymayre

Graymayre

Reaction score
*$&%@ someone beat me to it and charges $20 for it. Well I guess I could still do it for myself.

OP
Graymayre

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yeah, but I got all psyched about making it myself and getting a dev account to distribute. I guess I could make one still and make it better and sell it for cheaper for some competition, but is that taboo or anything in the android market? Like, would I get slammed here if I did something like that?

OP
Graymayre

Graymayre

Reaction score
Btw, a blood stain that looks like a dolphin...