A.S.H.Q.T.- Another Stupid Handcent Question Thread

vinnard

Reaction score
I also have a question :)

Is there a way to disable the default messaging app notification so I only get the handcent notification?

edit: never mind, figured it out :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also have a question :)

Is there a way to disable the default messaging app notification so I only get the handcent notification?

Yes go in to your native messaging app. Turn off notifications there. Set to use handcent. From there you are all set

joerightwing

Reaction score
Ok I love this site already. Have had the phone a week and can't be happier. I do have a handcent question and i'm sure it falls into this category. When i recieve a sms the message goes to both handcent and the default messaging service. is there a way to make it so that only handcent gets the message. i have tried some of the things on here but i didnt know if there was a for sure answer!

thanks again guys and please dont kill the new guy!

vinnard

Reaction score
Are you talking about the notification? If so, go into the native app, go to settings, then uncheck notifications.

TheBoogeyman209

Reaction score
Under the icon while it's on the home screen, sorry about that. I know I can make a shortcut for it and change the name in bettercut, but then it's not a widget.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I love this site already. Have had the phone a week and can't be happier. I do have a handcent question and i'm sure it falls into this category. When i recieve a sms the message goes to both handcent and the default messaging service. is there a way to make it so that only handcent gets the message. i have tried some of the things on here but i didnt know if there was a for sure answer!

thanks again guys and please dont kill the new guy!

Stock Messaging app.... press Menu > settings > notifications > uncheck notifications.

50%Kraut

Reaction score
Still having problems

Still having 2 problems
unchecked notifi... but handcent won't view my pix, while regular messaging does.
Tried to save pix both in gmail and in handcent/messaging, but unable. saw post where "above sender long tap and hold on screen". No go.

Love my Droid:motdroidvert:

MJ5150

Reaction score
I DL'ed this app a couple different times, but never quite got the hang of it. I can see the value in being able to totally customize the UI for text messaging, but when I did so, it just made all my text messages more difficult to read. There were other quirks I just didn't like, so I switched back to the default messaging app.

-Mike

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I DL'ed this app a couple different times, but never quite got the hang of it. I can see the value in being able to totally customize the UI for text messaging, but when I did so, it just made all my text messages more difficult to read. There were other quirks I just didn't like, so I switched back to the default messaging app.

-Mike

You know you can change the way the app looks...
What did you not like?