A.S.H.Q.T.- Another Stupid Handcent Question Thread

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's so many random Handcent threads out there, I'm thinking we should have a sticky or something.

Here's my random question. I'm sure it's an easy solution too. My wife sent me a picture today and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to save it to my SD card. I saw where I could save it as desktop or something, but I wanted to either forward it to Facebook, SD card or email and struck out completely.

Any ideas? I have the latest version of Handcent and 2.01 O.S. on my Moto Droid

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's so many random Handcent threads out there, I'm thinking we should have a sticky or something.

Here's my random question. I'm sure it's an easy solution too. My wife sent me a picture today and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to save it to my SD card. I saw where I could save it as desktop or something, but I wanted to either forward it to Facebook, SD card or email and struck out completely.

Long touch above the picture for who sent it...wait it will give the option to save the picute. Save it to your gallery and then upload

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Long touch above the picture for who sent it...wait it will give the option to save the picute. Save it to your gallery and then upload
Too many mimosa drink's I guess :) Thanks, worked great. Can we sticky a Handcent thread? There really are a lot of random ones out there and seems like everyone has different questions/problems/brain cramps with it.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Since we already have a thread going for it, I have a similar question.

I have received pics from friends that were animated on their phones, but aren't on my droid. Is there a setting somewhere to fix that? I have handcent fully updated.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since we already have a thread going for it, I have a similar question.

I have received pics from friends that were animated on their phones, but aren't on my droid. Is there a setting somewhere to fix that? I have handcent fully updated.
Animated forwarded messages are always hit or miss on my Droid and Handcent (or the stock messaging app).

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the update while at work today, which is why I know it is fully updated. (9 updates hit at the same time... Is that normal?) I didn't know that this was a known issue and that the patch is supposed to fix it. I am going to ask a friend to try sending me an animated pic again to see if it works.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree Handcent needs a sticky! I will start to write up a How to. It's nice to see the update. Everything on this device is just getting better and better

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Okay, so I just had a friend try to send me 2 different animated pics. The first didn't show for a while, but it eventually appeared, but was not animated. The second never showed up.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
My droid found another update over night, and the animated gifs are working now.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My droid found another update over night, and the animated gifs are working now.
I have the latest one now but I've only received one animated gif so far and it was really small. Not sure if it was just the person who sent it or not.

kcook323

Reaction score
Same here. I had my dh send a message to my phone that he got this a.m. It is small. It was animated, but much faster than his phone and it didn't have the music included.

I'm clueless to why text messages are so different on these phones than regular cells (my husband has the LG ENV3). Oh well. I guess since it is a known issue, someone is working on it. :)

Foolish

Reaction score
was the handcent message you guys sent one of the greetings or just a normal one?
the normal ones I receive dont seem to animate

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
It is small. It was animated, but much faster than his phone and it didn't have the music included.

Mine seemed small, too, but it did have music. I just wrote off the size as it coming from a regular cell, which has a lower resolution than the droid. That means it's screen images are going to be smaller, kind of like sending it to your email and looking at it on your pc.