A retailer that has a clue!

alucard9114

Reaction score
Went to costco today and talked to a rep while looking at the Razr dummy and told him i was waiting for the Nexus.We actually got into a full conversation he knew what he was talking about even more than me as he should its his job.The real reason for this post is because when i go to verizon stores here in san diego not one rep has a clue they just want to sell you a phone buy saying its a great new phone and going buy there training not actually loving there job and phones.I feel like verizon wants clueless drones and hire people with no phone sales skills (I have tons of phone sales exp and cant get an interview at verizon)or even have a clue about phones.Being in sales is not just about making the sale its about keeping the sale.

When i go into a store and am about to drop $300-$500 bucks of my hard earned money i expect the sales associate to know what there talking about and after talking to this gentlemen at costco i am most defiantly going to buy from costco.With a better return policy, better associates, and a fair tax charge(Costco charges tax on what you pay Verizon charges on the full price of the phone:mad:????????)Why would you want to buy from a verizon store?
When i got my bionic i paid for it with cash and returned it on 9/22 the rep said they would need to send me a check and i still have not received my check
Verizon corporate stores you Blow!!!!!!!

doublea500

Reaction score
whats cosco's return policy?
and are they able to give the price for 2 year activation and activate it there?

and also, verizon reps never have a clue what they are saying. thats why they work for verizon. They literally go out of there way to install advanced task killers on my friends new phones. now i have to give them the "talk" on why atk is bad and uninstall it for them.

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
never ever go to the store unless its for a straight exchange.... calling them directly is a much better experience

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wolstonc

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't charge taxes differently than Costco. Whether or not you have to pay tax based on the full retail price depends on your local and state laws. I know California customers have to pay based on the full price. It's not just for phones, it goes for anything that gives a discount or coupon. If one is charging you based on full retail and the other isn't then one is breaking the law. And you should know whether or not your local government does this. Just go buy something with a coupon and see if it takes off some taxes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The purpose of a sales rep is to sell you a prouduct. Not strike up a conversation with you.

Sales isn't a job people dream of doing. They do it to pay the bills. Talking to someone who isn't interested in buying something is time/money wasted in the sales world.

S

SFGate

I've gone into the AT&T store to pay my bill and they refused to take my payment. Lost that chance to sell me a new phone. I am leaving that provider precisely when the current contract is up. It says on their website that you can make in person payments at an AT&T store. They will be getting a short letter when I take my business elsewhere. I mean really, refuse to take a payment? Then, harass me when I'm in no hurry to mail it. Providers lose business when they employ unhelpful and ungracious people.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The purpose of a sales rep is to sell you a prouduct. Not strike up a conversation with you.

Sales isn't a job people dream of doing. They do it to pay the bills. Talking to someone who isn't interested in buying something is time/money wasted in the sales world.

Do you honestly think all sales people don't like their jobs? I find that very shortsighted.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Do you honestly think all sales people don't like their jobs? I find that very shortsighted.

It's as shortsighted as thinking all vzw reps have no clue what they're talking about.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah I see this is a thread about gross generalizations.

Carry on.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Damn straight.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Google is evil, apple is for idiot drones, verizon is for the rich and stupid, atnt rips you off, tmobile is crap, moto has crap software, samsung has crap updates, htc has crap body construction. Is that enough generalization for you? So far as I've been here its what I've mostly gathered of peoples opinions.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score

When i was a green sales person i thought this was true but now that i have 10+ years of sales exp i know that keeping the customer is more important than
selling and moving from customer to customer (listen up tjk629 you may learn how to sell) when you take care of a customer and really baby them and let them know that you have a clue that customer will come back,tell his/her friends/family,respect you and even give you a great survey online that all the company's love to ask customers to do.

OP
alucard9114

alucard9114

Reaction score
It's as shortsighted as thinking all vzw reps have no clue what they're talking about.

Also made this post to see how your local Verizon store reps are Because i have been to like 5 here in san diego and not a clue.:blink:

COSam

Reaction score
I'm not trying to thread-jack, but I didn't want to start a thread for what should be a simple question for anyone who has a purchased a phone from Costco before.

I am eligible for an upgrade (primary line annual upgrade) through VZW.com but my NE2 isn't until November 30th. When I go to Amazon Wireless or Costco.com, it says that I am not currently able to upgrade at the discounted price. Am I going to have to get the phone through VZW or is there a way around this? I would prefer to get the phone through Costco. TIA.

Edit: I realize I could probably wait until November 30th but I was hoping on getting the GN on release day if it releases before then.

portermac

Reaction score
Two months before the bionic came out I meet a verizon rep. He was like no other rep I had ever met. We talked about the bionic and rooting and the forums. He knew as much as me and he also enjoyed his job. The day the bionic came out I went out of my way to get the phone from him. Any of you would do the same because its so rare to find a verizon rep that cares about his job and wants to understand the phones.
It does matter. Any questions?