1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"A Read Report will be Sent" Forwarded Txt Msg Spam

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Tomfrank, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Tomfrank

Tomfrank New Member

I woke this morning to a text message. Half asleep, i clicked it at about the same time I noticed that the subject title contained tons of "Fwd:". The text message was a typical chain letter instructing the reader to send it to 15 friends to get good karma or some nonsense.

Normally, I would ignore this sort of thing, as I've gotten a fair amount of bill collectors and odd numbers calling since this is a new phone.

However, when I first clicked the text message, an alert popped up:

"A read report will be sent"

There were two options, the first was "ok" and I cant remember what the second one was due to sleepyhead, but I believe it was something akin to "cancel" though I don't believe that's exactly what it said. I obviously clicked that option, whatever it was exactly.

I called verizon, and they said they had never heard about of such an alert. Great! They told me to call them if it happens again. Google was unhelpful when I searched for an answer, so I came here!

Any ideas? Should I be worried?
  2. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Nothing I would be concerned with. More than likely, whoever sent you the text message originally, also selected to have a Read Receipt sent as well...the same as you would select on an e-mail. It just tells the origibator that you did in fact "read" the text that they sent you...
Search tags for this page

a read report will be sent

android read report
android read report will be sent

read report android

read report will be sent

read reports android
read reports for android
what a read report on android
what are read reports android

what does read report mean on android

what does read report will be sent mean