1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

a quick question

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible 2 Hacks' started by Droidincredible2, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Droidincredible2

Droidincredible2 New Member

I have a quick question, and i hope you guys have some answers. Is there anyway you could get your Dinc2 to say droid on start up without rooting your phone. like a possible file download or something. My mom wont let me root my phone because of the warranty voids and stuff so if there is anyway or someone could make it possible please reply to this thread thanks guys it means alot to me:)
  2. sjpritch25

sjpritch25 New Member

I doubt it. Why won't she let you. I've never had a problem & this is my second rooted Android device. Just make sure you have a good case & screen protector.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums
  3. Droidincredible2

Droidincredible2 New Member

Idk she says some apps dont work on your phone or something idgaf its not her phone but ill go behind her back and do it if theres no possible way. if i downloaded it and then un rooted my phone would it still be there?
  4. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

The boot animation sound would need root to continue to operate. Also if you rooted and then went back to stock, it would erase any changes you made anyhow. So, unfortunately, the only way to do this is to root and maintain root.