1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

A question about a voided warranty

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Ieatpilgrims, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Ieatpilgrims

Ieatpilgrims New Member

What exactly does this mean in terms of getting a new phone? I've searched and seen people say that bricking your phone will "void it's warranty", but I can't really find any more info. Does this mean that I will have to purchase a brand new phone from verizon at the non-contract price? Or will the 6.99 I pay to Asurion every month allow me to pay the deductible and get a new phone. Suppose I were to brick my phone, and then "accidentally" run over it with my car, would I be able to file an insurance claim then? Thanks for any info you can give me.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

If you bricked your phone, honestly you could say anything because they wouldn't know what happened to it cause it wouldn't work if you bricked it. But, since it is almoe=st impossible to brick a Droid, you're referring to the fact that rooting will void your warranty. And it will void it, which means you would have no coverage on the phone and Verizon wouldn't replace it for you. But, since the only way this would happen is if they knew about it being rooted, then you're good. You can always unroot if you would ever have to take it in to get it serviced....
  3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

un-rooting will bring your Droid back into the state covered under warranty.
  4. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Intentionally running over your phone for an insurance claim is called insurance fraud.
  5. Ieatpilgrims

Ieatpilgrims New Member

Cool thanks for the info. And I would never intentionally drive over my phone. I said if I accidentally ran over my phone could I file an insurance claim. Thanks again
  6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

The insurance covers accidents. You didn't/wouldn't have bricked your phone on purpose? Isn't that an accident?
  7. AKvenGence1

AKvenGence1 New Member

if you have asurion, you will get a new phone and all that good stuff BUT they make you return the old broken phone when you get the new one in the mail. you have like 15 days to return it and if you dont return the old one they charge you anything up to 300$! i know this cause my phone fell in the sink yesterday.. and i had to do all the good stuff today. so in all that if you brick your phone and you have to return it than there gona find out and see that you bricked it and will void your warranty
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
Search tags for this page
bricked phone void warranty
does a bricked phone void warranty

does an emulator violate a warranty

does having someone work on your phone void warranty
how does samsung know if you voided your warrenty on mobile
if we root an android phone and then unroot it,will it's war
void my phone warranity meaning
what does voiding warranty mean
what happens when you blank your warrenty?
what happens when you void the warranty on your phone and th
what happens when you void your phone warranty
what happens when you void your warranty phone

what happens when your phone contract gets voided

what happenswhen you void a warranty on a phone
will phone with replaced glass void warranty