A prediction

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by MadisonMarine, Nov 26, 2009.

1. MadisonMarine

MadisonMarine New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    By Christmas the Droid will be selling for less than $100...

2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that would be a big step to push Android into the mainstream ;)

3. subguy812

subguy812 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I already picked mine up from Best Buy for 99.00 and it included a car charger and a front screen invisible shield

4. n0cturne74

n0cturne74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find this highly unlikely. The Droid Eris is half as good as the Droid and it's currently $99 with a contract. It's supposed to be the cheaper alternative to the Droid. I can't see Verizon bumping it down to under $50 only a month after it came out and I don't see the same for the Droid either. It may eventually go that low but not for awhile.

5. On Droids

On Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's already happening under certain conditions..(i.e) My renew every 2 contract was in renewal stage with a $100 credit towards a new phone. Verizon had Droid on sale for $199.00 minus $100 credit equalled a brand new Android for $99.00 plus tax

6. radsaq

radsaq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep... I ordered my Droid the first day for $99 online, too. :)

7. n0cturne74

n0cturne74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is unique to new every 2 tho. That's not counting the new subscribers or subscribers from Alltel such as myself that was eligible for a new every 2 but had to pay $199 anyways because we weren't under Verizon's contract prior to purchasing.

8. BeefyBeefo

BeefyBeefo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who cares. LOL

Its worth full retail IMO for those who actually use it for what it is. I've got mine and am extremely happy with it.

9. LordKastle

LordKastle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People who are waiting for the phone to drop to $100 might as well keep dreaming. With the way sales have been so successful and the marketing campaign pushing Droid, it would make no business sense to drop the phone to that price. I am sure Verizon is already a little annoyed at the deals Dell and Sears are giving. The only reason why these companies are doing that is because they don't want to be stuck with extra inventory and they know selling it at the same price at Verizon would make no sense and people would go directly through Verizon.

Not everybody who gets a phone has a NE2 option and for that matter an upgrade. Have you taken a look at the 1 year price and full retail?

10. On Droids

On Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The homepage of this actual forum shows some deals on the Droid for $119 and the Eris for $49 with new contract for new customer. Just saying the deals are out there for the numbers the OP commented on

11. Mojo

Mojo Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You may find deals through various 3rd party channels like best buy or online vendors. But Verizon them selves will not be going that low on price anytime soon. Maybe a small drop in price once the passion/dragon launches. But not that low. This thing has been selling well and really is at a fair price when compared to other phones in its class.