A Potential Class Action Suit...

slinky

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine whether what I'm seeing is correct and I think it's outrageous conduct.

From what I'm reading, the City ID app that keeps nagging me to buy after several phone calls is not removable and not able to be turned off. If this is the case, and I say this with all due respect for business and commerce, someone deserves to be sued and consumers compensated. This type of an imposition on people who have spent significant amounts of money to buy a phone and obtain phone service with a two year contract is outrageous.

littlerick

Reaction score
mine doesnt nag or bug me unless i go under apps and click on it then it asks if i want to buy it

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
mine doesnt nag or bug me unless i go under apps and click on it then it asks if i want to buy it

Every few days I'm asked whether I want to buy a subscription. It's inane. I don't even need it and it's usually wrong too, especially when mobile numbers are calling. Another forced upsell.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it asked me once. I told it no. And that's the last I heard from it. I've only had my Droid 2 for two weeks though.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i just freeze the app, but while we are talking class action, how far can we get on the locked bootloader case.:icon_ devil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I probably don't know as much about the law as the OP but IMHO class action law suits there is only one winner. The attorneys.

rcjames

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine whether what I'm seeing is correct and I think it's outrageous conduct.

From what I'm reading, the City ID app that keeps nagging me to buy after several phone calls is not removable and not able to be turned off. If this is the case, and I say this with all due respect for business and commerce, someone deserves to be sued and consumers compensated. This type of an imposition on people who have spent significant amounts of money to buy a phone and obtain phone service with a two year contract is outrageous.

Instead of bring hell to id city bs do a factory reset and don't click on id city to activate leave it alone and it will leave you alone. If theres a lawsuit it would be verizon having this in their phone forcing and plus for locking the bootloader.