A Plan For A Brighter Android Future

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
One more thing:

There is no way we can change anything. Verizon is making a ton of money on regular users.

If want things to change we have to stop buying ...

Or

We have to fight legal with legal ... let's start by getting rid of that forced data plan :scheme_face:

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I fundamentally disagree with this statement. If those were truly our only two recourses then I would have already have up, because both of those proposed initiatives are even more unlikely of succeeding than what I am planning/working on. You have every right to disagree though. But all that I ask is wait for me to set forth my revised plan before you cast your judgment. I have been working on this for a while now and have come a lot farther than what was originally proposed in the op. Thanks for weighing in though. I am all for input, but please give me a chance to get a little bit more done before you truly form your opinions... deal?

{{ WugFresh }}

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I'm currently going through this thread page-by-page and have come to 3 conclusions.

1. Coming and going from the community is not good for the psyche as I have no idea where this came from, what the big P3 argument thing was, or anything else about what's been going on.

2. 2 mch readng mkes me brain mad

3. This looks like a good idea, I think.

4. Are there some cliffnotessparknotes or a log that I can use to catch up on everything

EDIT: I've given up on reading this thread. The back & forth has simply become too much for me. I think I'll come back when everything pans out.

I'm a little confused on your first point? Was that an accusation or a question? Can you please clarify..? I am honestly really confused on that one.

Point 2. Lol. Reading is a good thing lol. No worries though, you are certainly entitled to your opinions. There's definitely things that I prefer not to read.

Point 3. Thank you, I think... lol. I honestly don't think it's a good idea yet myself, but I think it's getting closer and that we as a community are in fact getting closer to achieving our goals. My plan is more solidified, and I have made some valuable connections. I also just finished up my school semester, so besides android development, I am finally free to give this project a more full time commitment. There are lots of things I really wanted to do that haven't been able to since I was swamped. I plan on making a lot of progress in the near future. I will really happy to keep this thread updated with new advancements (hopefully). :) so I am glad that you kinda like it as is, but like I said, there's still a lot more work that needs to be done. The one thing that is really good is that I feel like I understand the scope of the problem a lot more than I originally did, which will certainly help as I attempt to move forward with this.

4... lol. I don't think so. I can't really do that, but I will promise to release an updated op sometime this week that will attempt to highlight some of the key advancements, revisions and criticisms of the plan that have already been discussed up to this point. That is the best I can do regarding summaries... still will be a read, but at least it will be all there rather than being randomly spread throughout all these pages of back and discussion. I can't spark note though lol. I can try to make a real executive summary though maybe... I hope that would help.

Regarding your edit.. lol. You gave up already. Lol. You just started participating. I hope you will at least take the time to clarify your first point. Thanks. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

With #1 I was just saying that there were references to other threads and things that were brought up and seemed to spark a great amount of tension. Seemed like there was a big argument/thread/discussion somewhere that I missed out on. Seems like the community has become a little divided on a few key issues.

Also I did manage to make it through all of the thread, well most of it, after I posted that. It was a lot easier after the back n forth.

Last edited:

cougar214

Reaction score
One more thing:

There is no way we can change anything. Verizon is making a ton of money on regular users.

If want things to change we have to stop buying ...

Or

We have to fight legal with legal ... let's start by getting rid of that forced data plan :scheme_face:

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Your statements are actually contradictory. You say Verizon is making a ton of money. Then you go on to say we have to fight legal with legal. O'k, I'll give you that. But tell me this, how do you fight legal with legal when only one party, in this case Verizon, has the for mentioned money to do so?

Do you have a few million dollars in your pocket to buy yourself the same league lawyers as Verizon has to get our points heard in a court of law?

Natey2

Reaction score
Where can I buy a nonsubsidised DX or d2, with no contact thats unlocked?

That's a good question.
Maybe the manufacturers/carriers don't want to sell such a device. I suspect that if there was sufficient financial incentive for them to sell such a device, they WILL; that's the way companies operate.

There is always the Google/Nexus phone that can run AOSP Android that you can buy.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Natey2

Reaction score
+1 This thread makes my brain hurt :icon_eek:

If you want it to hurt even more, try reading it with the DroidForums app. :)

At least I don't have to deal with the ads and fancy signature blocks one sees when using a web browser.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

brandon.shelton

Reaction score
Makes Sense

Our government went through the same thing:
they outlawed alcohol thinking it would make things better > people continued to make/consume alcohol > government realized they made a mistake > now alcohol is legal and the government is making money

=

companies block rooting thinking it will make things better > people continue to root/install ROMS on their phones > companies realize they made a mistake > rooting/installing ROMS is allowed and the companies are making money

...lets just hope that history repeats itself

And I have to post this: dancedroid ....just be cause it's awesome

bishoy

Reaction score
this isnt the same thing as alcohol..... because when people were making alcohol, the government wanst loosing money. the reason for banning tethering is because vzw thinks that people who tether are stealing from them and using their resources

Pmoser

Reaction score
this isnt the same thing as alcohol..... because when people were making alcohol, the government wanst loosing money. the reason for banning tethering is because vzw thinks that people who tether are stealing from them and using their resources

Verizon is fine money wise in fact the CEO is pry taking a shower in your money. My opinion on teathering is okay for

1- the occasional road trip tether.
2- ridiculous costs of hotel WiFi
3- temporary internet for when you move other then that I think its unacceptableand ruins everyone else's experience

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

UNC

Reaction score

Verizon is fine money wise in fact the CEO is pry taking a shower in your money. My opinion on teathering is okay for

1- the occasional road trip tether.
2- ridiculous costs of hotel WiFi
3- temporary internet for when you move other then that I think its unacceptableand ruins everyone else's experience

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Verizon may be fine money wise right now... But their biggest advertised feature is their network, if tetherers siphon away all the bandwidth, then their network robustness takes a hit.... If that happens Verizon loses out in the long run. I would definitely have Sprint if Verizon's service was as bogged down by data traffic as AT&Ts.