a newbie with gray hair

IdaBoy

Reaction score
I am old enuff to be most of your guys grandpa probably, and don't know jack about this phone. I know less about rooting and run my Droid X2 with Pageplus's that uses Verizon’s network. I do not want to root the phone but would like to improve battery life and remove some bloat.

Is there any app that can remove bloatware without rooting?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
To improve battery life go to the market and download data on/off widget to turn off 3g when not in use. As far as eliminating bloat you're pretty much out of luck without root.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
IdaBoy

IdaBoy

Reaction score
Thanks dawg, I do have JuiceDefender on my Droid and I believe it does help. I will continue to read and try and learn, and then maybe I'll try the root. From what I have read removing many of the apps that I have never used could help a great deal.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Thanks dawg, I do have JuiceDefender on my Droid and I believe it does help. I will continue to read and try and learn, and then maybe I'll try the root. From what I have read removing many of the apps that I have never used could help a great deal.

Freezing bloatware does help a lot. An app that I personally use and love called fast reboot and you can get it for free in the market. It is also a very small download (roughly 25kb).

OP
IdaBoy

IdaBoy

Reaction score
I just got around to installing the Fast Reboot on one of my X2's. If I understand correctly I would need to upgrade to pro to be able to set multiple reboots say whenever I unlock the phone. Using the freebie I think I have to hit the reboot icon every time, correct?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I just got around to installing the Fast Reboot on one of my X2's. If I understand correctly I would need to upgrade to pro to be able to set multiple reboots say whenever I unlock the phone. Using the freebie I think I have to hit the reboot icon every time, correct?

Correct