A New Nexus Player Hits The FCC

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Asus and Google teamed up to bring us the Nexus Player about a year and a half ago. A few backs the device made an exit from the Play Store and most other retailers. For the most part it has been assumed that Google made the decision to kill it off. It looks like the device may be making a comeback soon.

Google just filed fresh FCC documents. This model keeps the same FCC ID number. The changes are listed below.

-Modified WiFi antenna layout (same type of antenna, lower gain)
-Updated system power circuit and layout
-Updated RF circuit layout
-Updated system circuit components, including USB, HDMI, and Power Button

Nothing else is mentioned as far as specs. This might be just a slight upgrade or it could be something totally different. I for one am a big fan of the Android TV on my Nvidia Shield TV. This could also be for a software update or could have been filed for a unit that may actually never come. We could hold out hope though.

via liliputting

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Still using my Nexus Player. Running Kodi The Beast Build.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am running Kodi TVAddon Build? I mainly use Exodus

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh i don't know I am new to the game. I just know it works and is super fast. Point me in the direction of anything better and ill install it!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh i don't know I am new to the game. I just know it works and is super fast. Point me in the direction of anything better and ill install it!
YT Google TV add-on as of late and you will be up to speed. It's technically the same dev drama we are use to with ROM devs but yeah just look into it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk