A New Droid Has Been Spotted in Near-Earth Orbit and Will be Landing Soon!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
It's been a while since they've released a device with a physical keyboard :nerd: Here's to hoping... :beer2:

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since they've released a device with a psychical keyboard :nerd: Here's to hoping... :beer2:

Detachable cases with a BT keyboard is the future. There are a few out, notably for the S4.

jmagi

Reaction score
droid 5 or gtfo lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP Updated with a video.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;t1LxfSVhoWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1LxfSVhoWk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

looks like vzw is working on some new bloat ware games.

KaChow

Reaction score
From a strategic perspective the Motorola X phone is going to launch something entirely different, a US built phone that is not meant to wow the Android geek crowd, but instead it is to focus on quality, COST, and of course attracting the popular iPhone crowd. It is launching with nearly every carrier, all types of colors, because it is a phone that I think is taking the place of the LG Nexus 4 (possibly), but simply a wow and pizazz phone for iPhone owners tired of iPhone. The X-Phone is a different phone, with a simple goal to takeover. It is not meant to compete with S4 or One or Xeperia Z, I think it is what is coming after the X, that is what we have been waiting for with Droid and Nexus line. Of course everything is speculation but I could see Motorola producing a Nexus 5, it is the carrier that is due for it and something tells me those Google Edition devices were definitely negotiations between the Suppliers and Google/Moto to agree on terms like something big in the form of a Nexus from Motorola. At the same time and for those of us that have been watching the rumors and this and that, we know Motorola has a device that is highly capable, quad-core 2ghz, 64gb+ memory or the 128gb, we know the talk about bullet proof glass screens and overall indestructibility. I think we should look past the X-Phone, its what's coming next that we are going to be interested in. Of course every thing I've said is rumor as nothing has been confirmed, but we certainly know that something is coming... as a new Droid has been spotted in near-Earth Orbit...

I wanted to add this article that is called, "The next version of Android will be aimed at low-end phones and emerging markets", I'm certainly not trying to highjack the thread or anything, but support the approach that X Phone is targeted as a low cost product. The article does give some good insights on this direction, which I certainly imagine the low cost is to capture the non-smartphone, Blackberry, Windows and iPhone users in an attractive Android device. The premium phones are not going away, in fact I would venture to guess that the Premium phones are going to get even more competitive in performance and feature-ability wise than they currently are. I also think Motorola is certainly in a great position right now, because the other premium phones are already out there the S4, One, and Experia Z. It certainly is easy to release something that beats out all the competition, when the competition is already known. So that gives Motorola the advantage with a Droid line and possible Nexus device, there was already talk that Motorola plans on releasing a number of devices after the X Phone, and I would not be surprised if there was not physical keyboard device in the mix. Either way this Fall is going to be interesting, I can't wait to see how Motorola and Apple battle it out, with the new devices.

jmagi

Reaction score
almost bought another d4 on ebay last night.. and probably still will even tho right now.. im holding on to the words "relaunching our ENTIRE product line" and swinging on it like tarzan. i am expecting a droid v.. or possibly.. Droid Xphone yeah..

hey what are we without our dreams. lol

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still have my Droid 2. There has been nothing on VZ worth replacing it to me as of yet. I would have taken the Galaxy S2 but we never got that. I would have taken the Droid 3 but there's almost no development for it. The Droid 4 is such a let down overall, and I don't like anything else that's dropped. I may just have to give in at some point because not having 4G and so little RAM is a pain at this point, but what happened to generating some excitement the way the "everything iDon't, Droid Does" campaigns? Where are the good devices?

jmagi

Reaction score
why in the world would the droid4 be a let down. motorola designed, quality durable hardware, great battery life if u clean ur system down properly. i get 7.5hrs with wifi, bluetooth and gps turned on all day as well as the screen as i forum alot all day. it's got android so there nothing really that another device can do that the droid 4 cant.. but the d4 is waterproof and has a hardware keyboard. the d4 gives consumers more than they know they need. i really fail to see what advantage any other device has over the droid4. so the screen isnt 1million gigapixels.. i can still see what's on it clear enough. according to comparisons the droid4 wins over the iphone5!

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid 4 is a huge let down. The Droid 2 & 3 can manage over a full day of use without a charge on the extended bat which adds almost no size. The D4 is already pretty large, the keyboard is definitely a step back from that on the 2 & 3, the development is just okay, and the form is lacking. It doesn't live up to what Droids used to be IMO, and I never even considered it seriously. It's a letdown.

jmagi

Reaction score
ok so ur saying u wanted higher specs. so did we. motorola is going to fix that by putting minimum 4000mah batteries in them as a standard for their new devices. waterproof as well as flexible screens. in that sense a droid 5/xfone would destroy all competition on the market.

i agree they could of specced us up a bit more on the d4. i might be buying another one this week. it is a nice fone.