*****a must read************

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by sam5828, Feb 26, 2010.

1. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

If you are a member of phonezoo.com some how people there can get your number. my GF isn't even a member there but her daughter was up until this happened. Some guy from NY texted my GF and said he got her number from phonezoo.com and wanted her pic. WTF is it with crazy people this person was from the Rochester area.
    Man you cant trust any of theses sites anymore. her daughter was a member of there fb page too and she was on there site for becoming a member and she is only 12.
  2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Are you sure the website didnt link to her FB and she had her phone # on there?
  3. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

no this came to her moms phone and she isn't a member. and her number isn't on her FB either neither are lol i would kick both there *sses
  4. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

crazy. I checked the site just to look at this, and in the sign me up area it didn't ask for my phone number. But I also didn't fill it out to get to page two. Thanks for the info! This is good stuff for parents.
  5. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

the only thing i can think of is when you have it send a ringtone or something to your phone it keeps your number i dunnow i never used it before. I calld them but got a answering machine so i had to settle for a email
  6. hinky

hinky New Member

I don't believe everything I read. How did he get the phone number from phonezoo? Did he call up and ask for the number of a hot babe so he can text it? For all she knows it's some guy who found a number and playing a prank. No offense, but right now this is a baseless claim about phonezoo. Most scams aren't the result of what you're describing but some other phishing expedition.
  7. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

I dont know how he got it thats the thing. and i seen the text from him saying he got it from there. believe what ya want i don't care i'm just telling you what is going on and it is B*ll****..... I don't know how people get cc info from card companies either but they do!!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  8. hinky

hinky New Member

A guy my friend doesn't know said he got passwords for people from Facebook and eBay. I'm sure he did. I guess we need to put those two on the same danger list with phonezoo?
  9. phonezoo

phonezoo New Member

Pls stop spreading wrong information. We at Phonezoo are proud of our privacy & security policies and there is no way for anyone to get access to any other users numbers - unless they willingly send someone a text message or post it on the comments section (some people choose to do that). Its unfortunate what happened but we would urge you to check the facts & trace how the sender got the number. Also, how is it possible for us to verify is a person registering is giving their real age? We follow all guidelines under the Child Online Protection Act (COPA) & try to keep minors off the site. Email support@phonezoo.com or call 1-888-399-9989 if you have further questions
  10. Kack

Kack Member

i used phonezoo for a while when i had a dumb phone. it was pretty good never had a problem good service. People can get your number in numerous ways. it will be ok though.
  11. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

really would you like to see the text messages that we received? It is easy for you to state something when you do not know what happened or how it happened. You can say you have all these things in place but there is always ways around it. The sender plainly sad he got it from PHONEZOO.COM i can give you his number if you like.... I cannot help it if you guys have a bug somewhere which some one found, so instead of coming here stating it cannot happen maybe you should look into WHY it happened. As for the phone # no one answeres or returns a phone call anyways i called it and left a message the day i put this post up and still have not had a return call....
  12. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
  13. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

Believe what ya want!!!!!! No one is going to change your mind but you. I'm just stating what happened and if someone does not like it, oh well i could give a rats ass
  14. rod

rod New Member

im not gonna lie. i read the title and thought i had to read this. and now, im even more confused than ever. i dont know what a phonezoo is, but shouldnt problems with phonezoo.com be taken up with phonezoo, or perhaps a internet/child watchdog group, or maybe even a regulatory agency of cellular zoology before taking it up in a section devoted to technical issues and bugs found with a cell phone?
  15. baniels

baniels New Member

Here is the true "must read" suggestion for this thread:

If a website offers free ringtones, stay the F away.

9/10 times you are walking toward spam, hidden fees, wasted time, and other such internet glories.

That is my contribution to this thread.
  16. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

agreed, thanks.
  17. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

well isn't it nice to inform the public what is going on? If it was in the wrong place then mods would have moved it don't ya think? If you don't know what phone zoo is then you have nothing to worry about, but i am betting you went to there site to see. Well to not confuse you any more don't read the thread about people getting there cc info taken in the market either just find out on your own, but i guess that don't belong in a forum about cell phones either.
  18. Bimmerjo

Bimmerjo Member

Inform the public of what? The fact that your GF or what ever recieved a text from some random guy that "stated" he got the number from some location?

Its funny how you believe that "scumbag" over the company directly talking to you. It would be absolutely stupid if a solicitor of any nature gave away their source as to how they got somebody's number, so they say they got it from this place or that place to protect their source.
  19. rod

rod New Member

you know what, youre absolutely right. good luck getting your problem resolved. you seem to have the right attitude. :icon_cool:
  20. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

Well do you think the company is going to admit there is a problem? NO why would they then they would get no more traffic to there site and the people that advertise there wouldn't anymore. Think about it!!!!!!!!
Search tags for this page

hidden sender address

hidden sender address text

hidden sender address text android

hidden sender address text message

hidden sender address text messages

hidden sender message
hidden sender text message
hidden sender text messages
text message from hidden sender
text message from hidden sender address

what does hidden sender address mean