OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
Also pass it along... Thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gutsploder

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Just read the whole thing and still don't get why this affects my phone, unlimited data, network coverage, etc. Can someone explain what all this means in English? I don't fully understand smartphonese....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Just read the whole thing and still don't get why this affects my phone, unlimited data, network coverage, etc. Can someone explain what all this means in English? I don't fully understand smartphonese....

Thanks to Verizon your phone is not running at its full potential because they want to be greedy and not have you try new things out that will cause you not to spend money on them, so they locked your bootloader. According to the law in this article, it is illegal for them to deny unlimited data plans to thunderbolt users because our devices are on the 700mhz band, or block C.

gutsploder

Reaction score
I have unlimited data. I tether, and use the heck out of my unlimited data plan. They aren't slowing me down at all?

Nyobie

Reaction score
I filled out the FCC form. Although I'm probably not ever going to use a huge amount of data on a monthly basis, I think there's validity in making sure that we exercise our rights as consumers so big companies can't take advantage of the general consumer. If we let big companies steamroll us, what good are all the laws they're supposed to be held accountable to anyway? If I get any phone calls from the FCC or VZ, I'll update my post with details. Thanks OP!

tituswife

Reaction score
Not sure what a bootloader is. I'm stock, so, do I use a bootloader?

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Nyobie

Reaction score
Yes, you have a bootloader. It's a type of program electronic devices use that load the main program the device needs to function. Each time you power up your phone, the bootloader in your phone loads stuff before functions on the phone can be used. Your home computer is similar.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the Rezound on the same band/block? It has a lot of other similarities... SVDO, ability to switch from ehrpd to evdo, etc...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tituswife

Reaction score
Yes, you have a bootloader. It's a type of program electronic devices use that load the main program the device needs to function. Each time you power up your phone, the bootloader in your phone loads stuff before functions on the phone can be used. Your home computer is similar.

Thanks for answering that. Does anyone have a direct link to the FCC form? Thanks.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Nyobie

Reaction score
No problem! Go to the article at the beginning of this thread and in the article is a link to the FCC site and Form.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Wow, an amazing eye opening read. Verizon disobeys law regulations, and at least for one phone denies the manufacturer and user legally bound rights as per how the phone may be operated? I can see now why they allow grandfathered unlimited plans access to continued unlimited after upgrading to a 4G capable device, and that is that they know what it is they've done.

Verizon may just be the most disrespectful and evil carrier in the US

Nyobie

Reaction score
I wonder if that's why Thunderbolt owners have been successful at getting Mobile Hotspot with Unlimited Data for internet and personal email even though the Unlimited Data Plan was discontinued in June.

Nyobie

Reaction score
Oops, correction to my post - it was in the Bionic threads where I learned how to request the hotspot plan with unlimited data. It's not just Thunderbolt owners.

Apologies for my error and multiple posts.