A Milestone owner, for a change.

Schopo

Reaction score
Heya guys!

Wedged in between the droids I'm posting from the Netherlands on behalf of my Milestone ownership. I needed a new phone when the joystick on my Nokia E70 started to deteriorate. (awesome phone, really. Just a bit sluggish)

Some searching for among others qwerty keyboard & capacitive touchscreen on Tweakers.net led me to the Milestone along with the fact that it more or less runs Linux. I've been happily using it for a month or so but unfortunately joned the Droid forums becouse of a WiFi networking problem that popped out of nowhere just last week...

So: Hi there everyone! And have a look at my problem here if you wish. Tnx!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. Sorry you are having issues with the wifi. I clicked the link you supplied and it looks as if you tried (removing and reentering) resetting. If you router has not changed did you by change modify the password?

Sorry I can not offer a better solution.
Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome Schopo, it is nice to meet up with someone on the other side of the Globe and it's good to have you on the Forum

Last edited:
OP
S

Schopo

Reaction score
Hah, coming from acros the globe isn't the biggest thing. I had the hardest time distuguishing the Droid from the Milestone, and at the same time I didn't understand why there is hardly any documentation or community for the Milestone.

Enlightnment soon cleared things up a bit ;)

scottrwood

Reaction score
I always start off with a simple HW reset when I have problems with connectivity (WiFi, GPS, 3G). It almost always clears the issue.

Schop

Reaction score
... a simple HW reset ... almost always clears the issue.

Oh-My-God, Why!
Did I not think about that... Tnx!

Now let's back up my contacts. Oh wait, I don't need to, way to go Android!

OP
S

Schopo

Reaction score
Well then, problems are gone. Hard reset (of course) did the trick.

Happily using SSH and VNC again to amaze everyone around ;)

[edit]

And it broke again :( how encouraging...
Just three days after the hard reset that fixed it, it stopped working again. Time to look into my network even though all other devices wirk fine with it...

Last edited: