A little...ok a lot lost....

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by sunshine81039, Sep 14, 2012.

1. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Try this.

Go to apps and look for "My Gallery". tap on it then tap the menu button on the bottom left and choose settings. In the settings menu uncheck "display friends activities". That setting, when checked downloads pictures from facebook and if you have friends that like to upload a lot of pictures, it will be constantly downloading them to your gallery.

Also, in the screenshot you posted above, you can click on the "media" icon and then tap on "force close" to shut it down. Chances are though it will reactivate.

Other things that may be using that app are music streaming apps.

Just some thoughts.

David
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Cleave and Xfactor are both correct. Media should not be that high. Something is still running in the background where your phone is never resting. Gsam would probably tell you exactly what that is but don't do that now (because it will use battery to download and install). Follow Cleaves suggestions because it will stop whatever is running. Xfactors will also work but it may start back up again and like Xfactor mentioned an fdr along with the battery saving suggestions, when you have the time, will solve all your issues.

The other thing I noticed is that your 4g looks weak. 4g will also drain alot of battery. For now, use your toggle switch to turn off the data/4g and only turn it on when you really need it.
  3. sunshine81039

sunshine81039 New Member

****UPDATE**** I went ahead and downloaded the gsam app and immediately was able to force close the media app. I completely charged it and took it off the charger at approx. 4pm and still have 82% remaining right now (currently 9pm). I also started the battery saver. I will try this for the next couple of days and let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all of the input. I may still need some help later with the .215 but will see how this does for now. Thanks again.
  4. sunshine81039

sunshine81039 New Member

Ok so here is another update. The last two days have been great with my battery. This morning i pulled my phone off the charger and was at 81% by 8:30am i went in and again had media running. When i go into it it says download 4.0.4-37 could this be a hardware update? I force stopped it again but if its my update should i let it go and charge it while its doing its thing?

View attachment 56124
  5. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Do you use Google Play music? I just read another thread that one of the posters suggested durning off the "automatically cache" option under settings.

David
  6. cleave

cleave New Member

Did you ever do what i suggested in my 4th post (reset the cache)?
  7. sunshine81039

sunshine81039 New Member

I did try this but it only gets to the driod on its back and it stays on that screen for a few seconds and then the phone powers back on.
  8. sunshine81039

sunshine81039 New Member

OK with a little more research found the problem i was having is that i needed to push the volume up and down at the same time to reset. The media file started again and this is what is said under the media info.

View attachment 56145
  9. sunshine81039

sunshine81039 New Member

So after a few days more and clearing the partition cache...I'm still confused. It seems like some days are great battery wise and some days are horrible. The media app....whatever it is occasionally restarts and I have to go in and force close it. I had to go in 4 times yesterday and close it.
  10. aarong03

aarong03 Member

If you're rooted, freeze it with TB and you should be go to go!
  11. drew96dawg

drew96dawg New Member

You can also freeze with rom toolbox pro, I prefer it over tb

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
android upgrade 4.0.4-37
build 4.0.4 version calendar help
samsung galaxy note 2 screen forum replacement

updater 4.0.4-37

updater version 4.0.4-37