A little...ok a lot lost....

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you need help with the .215 leak I will be around this afternoon and I can help you get it installed :)

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
Ok so i attached two screen shots it is now at 20% and i have been using the battery extender since around 10am. I have changed all of my settings and tried the battery training. Still losing it quickly with very little use.

cleave

Reaction score
You have "media" using almost half of your battery. Also, as shown by the very thin blue line below your hours/minutes graph, you have something constantly running. I'm not exactly sure how to turn off the "media" because I'm not sure which media it is. I can bet that once you figure it out, your battery life will increase a lot.

cleave

Reaction score
Try doing this to reset your cache:

1. Power down the phone
2. Press and hold down power and both volume buttons
3. A menu will pop up. Use volume down to highlight Recovery.
4. Press volume up to select Revovery
5. You will see an android on it's back with a red triangle
6. New menu will pop up.
7. Use volume down to highlight "Wipe Partition Cache"
8. Press power button to select
9. After complete, use volume down/up button to highlight "Reboot"
10. Press power button to select

The wording may be a little different on the menus, but these are the steps.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
You should be able to press on Media from there and do a force stop (to save what battery you have left for the day). I had an issue with this as well. I had a bad app. I wasn't sure which one it was. I did a FDR and then loaded back in the apps that I really wanted to keep and haven't had an issue since.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Try this.

Go to apps and look for "My Gallery". tap on it then tap the menu button on the bottom left and choose settings. In the settings menu uncheck "display friends activities". That setting, when checked downloads pictures from facebook and if you have friends that like to upload a lot of pictures, it will be constantly downloading them to your gallery.

Also, in the screenshot you posted above, you can click on the "media" icon and then tap on "force close" to shut it down. Chances are though it will reactivate.

Other things that may be using that app are music streaming apps.

Just some thoughts.

David

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Cleave and Xfactor are both correct. Media should not be that high. Something is still running in the background where your phone is never resting. Gsam would probably tell you exactly what that is but don't do that now (because it will use battery to download and install). Follow Cleaves suggestions because it will stop whatever is running. Xfactors will also work but it may start back up again and like Xfactor mentioned an fdr along with the battery saving suggestions, when you have the time, will solve all your issues.

The other thing I noticed is that your 4g looks weak. 4g will also drain alot of battery. For now, use your toggle switch to turn off the data/4g and only turn it on when you really need it.

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
****UPDATE**** I went ahead and downloaded the gsam app and immediately was able to force close the media app. I completely charged it and took it off the charger at approx. 4pm and still have 82% remaining right now (currently 9pm). I also started the battery saver. I will try this for the next couple of days and let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all of the input. I may still need some help later with the .215 but will see how this does for now. Thanks again.

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
Ok so here is another update. The last two days have been great with my battery. This morning i pulled my phone off the charger and was at 81% by 8:30am i went in and again had media running. When i go into it it says download 4.0.4-37 could this be a hardware update? I force stopped it again but if its my update should i let it go and charge it while its doing its thing?

View attachment 56124

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Do you use Google Play music? I just read another thread that one of the posters suggested durning off the "automatically cache" option under settings.

David

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
Try doing this to reset your cache:

1. Power down the phone
2. Press and hold down power and both volume buttons
3. A menu will pop up. Use volume down to highlight Recovery.
4. Press volume up to select Revovery
5. You will see an android on it's back with a red triangle
6. New menu will pop up.
7. Use volume down to highlight "Wipe Partition Cache"
8. Press power button to select
9. After complete, use volume down/up button to highlight "Reboot"
10. Press power button to select

The wording may be a little different on the menus, but these are the steps.

I did try this but it only gets to the driod on its back and it stays on that screen for a few seconds and then the phone powers back on.

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
OK with a little more research found the problem i was having is that i needed to push the volume up and down at the same time to reset. The media file started again and this is what is said under the media info.

View attachment 56145

OP
S

sunshine81039

Reaction score
So after a few days more and clearing the partition cache...I'm still confused. It seems like some days are great battery wise and some days are horrible. The media app....whatever it is occasionally restarts and I have to go in and force close it. I had to go in 4 times yesterday and close it.

aarong03

Reaction score
So after a few days more and clearing the partition cache...I'm still confused. It seems like some days are great battery wise and some days are horrible. The media app....whatever it is occasionally restarts and I have to go in and force close it. I had to go in 4 times yesterday and close it.

If you're rooted, freeze it with TB and you should be go to go!