A little Help please.....

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
I got a used Bionic off Ebay ( I love it by the way) When i activated it i realized it was already rooted....has super user witch i know what that is but there is an icon that say droid box. dont know what it is or how to use it....i havent messed with roms and rooting for a couple years and was wondering if i should un-root and start over or just flash and go?

OP
BigE"s DROID

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
I used to get all kind of help here...now just 137 views!!!WTF????

Concistency

Reaction score
Do a little reading in the forums here to do some catch up. I personally would not unroot it, there are great roms out there for the Bionic, ICS4BIONIC is usable now, th3ory roms, eclipse, check those out. Are you sure it's not "BIONIC BOX" and not "DROID BOX"? There are plenty of guides on using bootstrap or safestrap (recommended) to help you out on the bionic.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go to >settings>about phone, what is listed as the build number?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
BigE"s DROID

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
build is5.8.894....

i want to flash roms i just want to be safe about it

Thanks for replys

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I have the kin3tx rom and it comes with the bionic box. My build number is [K]in3tx v1.0. The bionic box was just used to install the add ons with the rom but the rom and all the add ons were pulled from the server and no longer works.

OP
BigE"s DROID

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
Thats what i have also...so it sounds like if i install bootstrap or safestap i am safe to flash???

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, one thing you could try is installing titanium backup and seeing if it works. If it works, you're rooted but if it doesn't work, you're probably not rooted.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any luck yet? As far as bootstrap and safestrap go, just make sure that you don't have them both installed at the same time and you should be ok. Also, I assume that you have verified that you have root according to your op?

Concistency

Reaction score
Be sure when you boot into recovery the first thing you do is create a backup. When flashing a new rom you have to wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, and format /system, then you will be safe to flash.