1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

A little help please....

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Alex624, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Alex624

Alex624 New Member

hey everybody, im not sure if im posting his in the right place or not, but i have a small issue. i have a droid 1 that is rooted and currently running the project elite 2 rom. i have rom manager installed and it says that it is working properly. ive flashed roms before and its worked fine, but the past few times ive flashed roms, it installs through clockwork recovery and it says it was done properly, but when it reboots, all i see is a dos looking screen that says bootloader. any help would be greatly appreciated. feel free to email me at Mod Edit: Personal Information removed

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
  2. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

when you are restarting after install, are you sure you are not chosing restart to bootloader vs restart system?

anyways, if thats not it then try to reflash clockword by flashing SPRecovery and then back to clockwork through ROM Manager.
  3. Alex624

Alex624 New Member

re: a little help please

when i use rom manager i download the rom and then wipe data and cache, then it goes into recovery mode and installs the rom and reboots to the new rom, but now it installs the rom and reboots to the bootloader screen. ive even tried a nandroid restore to a rom i had before and i still get the bootloader and i either have to plug it into the wall charger a bunch of times or i have to pull the battery and keep restarting it until it boots the project elite rom. oh also i tried to flash SPRecovery and then back to clockwork but when i try to flash SPRecovery it says "an error occured while flashing your recovery" but i can flash clockwork fine.
  4. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

your not plugged into your computer when you try to reboot are you? you could always try and download the zip to laptop and put on sdcard then install through recovery that way. try flashing the recoverys a few times then reboot then try again. never had luck with rom manager i only use it to name my backups.
  5. armopride07

armopride07 New Member

my two cents is to get rid of clockwork and rom manager. i had that and i even had the paid one and had a lot of trouble with it. i would suggest starting up from scratch. unrooting, then re-rooting but don't install rom manager or clockwork. leave it with SPRecovery. i haven't had any problems with it at all.
  6. Alex624

Alex624 New Member

im afraid if i un-root it, it will be stuck at the bootloader. is it possible to fix that if it happens? also, any of you can feel free to pm me. i have the droid forums app on my phone so ill still get the message if im not near my laptop. i apologize if i sound like a rookie, but lets face it. i am haha.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  7. Ruben181

Ruben181 New Member

I always sbf with RSD for clean wipe, I have done it several times with my DX & D1 just be sure to use the right version of RSD that program is funny like that.

Moto Droid
    GPA15 (4-16) Beta stock
  8. X_TAC23

X_TAC23 DF Super Moderator

And make sure to use the correct system version. For example if you are on 2.3.340 use that sbf.
  9. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

Actually never had issues with clockwork or spr. One or the other will get finicky after flashing one to the other, but always settles.

If the 2 don't work try flashing RZ recovery. It's based off of spr with a lot of feature enhancements. It's under raidzero's section.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. Alex624

Alex624 New Member

i tried searching for SPRecovery on the market. is it via pc only?
  11. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

+1 for RZ Recovery! One of the things I miss most about my D1. I have used all three (spr, cw, & rzr), and RZR is by far the best. I had a few issues trying to restore from CW which is why I moved over to RZR. Plus the thing is blazing fast!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  12. Alex624

Alex624 New Member

Ok, i seem to have lost my unrooting instructions. could somebody please pm me a link or something? thanks
  13. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

i dont think you need to unroot...thats a last resort. if you were able to flash ROM's prior to this happening, then its not a root issue. It sounds like its your recovery (clockwork) so try the RZRovery like i suggested

Downloads

Its also in a update.zip format so you can just flash it like a ROM and it will install the new recovery. then test it by flashing a ROM and see if that resolves your issue.
  14. armopride07

armopride07 New Member

yea you can't download it off the market you gotta get it from the forums. usually when you root using RSD and your SBF it automatically comes up. i don't think you should worry about being stuck at the bootloader cuz re-rooting involves going to the bootloader anyways.

WHOAH wait a second if i remember correctly through Rom Manager you can flash an alternate recovery right??
  15. armopride07

armopride07 New Member

listen to Chewy hes got you
  16. Alex624

Alex624 New Member

i dowloaded rzrecovery. i even took clockwork off and re installed rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery. it said "flashed clockwork recovery succesfully" so i hit reboot into recovery and all i got was the "m" logo, then it showed me the "m" logo again and rebooted the project elite rom that i use. i cant get into recovery at all. i even tried the power button and x at the same time. with that method i get one of three things: either a triangle with an "!" in it, the project elite rom reboots, or i get the bootloader.
  17. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

Like I said, its finicky when flashing between two different recoverys through ROM Manager. The important thing is you are still able to load your ROM.

be patient and try flashing to SPR and then back to clockwork, to SPR then back to clockwork again. try this a few times before trying to boot into recovery.

sometime i find it helped when i shut the phone down completely and then manually boot into recovery with X - power

suggestin: rename the RZRecovery zip to update.zip. you can use SPR also to flash the new recovery, but only if its named update.zip. this way if you end up getting SPR working before clockwork you can just flash

18. Alex624

Alex624 New Member

i just tried to do the power and x thing to get into recovery and now its just bootloader.
  19. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

Try back and fourth until it works is how I resolved. Try flashing it to spr then remove ROM manager and reinstall and flash clockwork

Last resort is rsd

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  20. chewy74

chewy74 New Member