A Little Help Please!! Do I Want A

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Jeffrey, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Playstation 4, Xbox One + Kinect Bundle, Xbox 360
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know nothing about any of them other than they all are in the $350-$399. range.

Any recommendations or tips would be appreciated..

2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    Xbone. 360 is almost 8 years old now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,437
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I'm kinda biased, because I've been the Xbox camp since the OG Xbox, but I'd recommend it as well. At least that way, if you have issues or questions once you get it, I'll have a better chance of helping you troubleshoot or explaining where something is.

Though, with the new update, I'm still learning the quickest way to find certain things.

Most people don't like the Kinect and they're selling them without, but I actually use mine a lot. I'm a very casual gamer, but I do watch a lot of my DVR'd shows with the Xbone's passthrough. I have it set to "Instant On," so I can just holler at it to turn on. I then also use voice commands to pause, play, etc. and it controls my DVR and TV flawlessly. It's also handy for getting to something else quick. The other day, I was watching Netflix while eating. When I was finished eating, I hollered at it to "go to Fallout 4" and I was in the game by the time my controller turned on.

I definitely recommend the optional remote control if you're planning to use it a lot for Netflix. Other than voice commands, I use the remote to navigate instead of the controller when I'm doing anything other than playing a game, or getting to a game to play.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,437
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Oh, another nice feature of the remote, it's always on as well. With the 360, it was like a controller and you had to hold down the "Xbox button" to turn it on. It would then turn itself off after a while of inactivity. The one for the Xbone, you just pick it up and use it, like a real remote. Great change there.

It's backlit and has sensors, so it knows when you pick it up (or bump the side table, because the bottom side of it is rounded and it wobbles a bit) and lights up the buttons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I'm bias, I prefer the Playstation 4.

It all really comes down to exclusives imo. I never used my Playstation 4 as a media device (don't have Netflix, Hulu, etc.), but if that's you're kinda thing, the Xbox One will offer a better experience from what I was told. However, if you want just gaming, I think the Ps4 nailed it this year.

In my opinion, I think media wise they both offer the same thing and it's about presentation/UI, Xbox One has that down better than Ps4 which is barebones and "to the point" so to speak. I just hear of alot of extra buttons that need to be pressed to accomplish the same with ps4 that can be done in much less time.

Again I don't have an Xbox One or interacted with one outside of a demo unit, so take it all with a grain of salt. I do however prefer Sony exclusives to Microsoft exclusives. I bought a 360 just to play Gears of War games, but it didn't turn out to be really my kind of game which was a bit disappointing because it looked awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    PlayStation 4 has a lot of great features.. I'm not a gamer..but my son has the x box one and the PS 3&4..I like the 4 more..but I can only say that's due to how it feels to.me

7. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Thanks for the info guys..