A little dissapointed with results of overclocking

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PhontomF, Feb 7, 2010.

1. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

I installed the BB .7.4 and have my droid overclocked at 800MHz. It appears the only real speed increase is with the OS interface itself, navigating menus, switching screens and things like that. The CPU speed makes pretty much no difference at all in 3D games or playing back 848x480 H264 video. I put the CPU down to 250MHz and I only lost 1 fps in the Neocore 3D benchmark and H264 video still played back perfectly, of course the interface moves a lot slower at that clock speed. So these other things must be dependent on the GPU then. Is there ever going to be a way to overclock the GPU on the Droid?
  2. boostdscoob

boostdscoob New Member

graphics based on graphic processor unit? insanity... lol.. yeah kinda hard to see an improvement in graphics, when no changes pertaining to graphics was made... people really should learn to use google. seems the forums are getting more and more crowded with lazy people.
  3. homemadehitshow

homemadehitshow New Member

you're right
  4. rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer New Member

Put it to 950mhz then you will be able to tell a difference.:icon_ devil:
  5. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

hahaha funny ...if you had any experience overclocking in the PC world, you would know that a 300% increase in your PC's CPU speed would have a profound effect on your 3d games FPS, despite there being a dedicated GPU. I was merely stating how I was surprised how little the droids CPU has any effect on 3d performance.
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Honestly I think the 550mhz is just fine for games. I ONLY want my overclocked Droid to handle system functions, but there is no program out there that can set the CPU for 950 only when not doing anything else. I want my apps organizer folders and ChompSMS to load instantly, but anything else could be run at 550 to me.
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

But everyone that buys Droid is not a superuser, geek or a hacker...

If you have nothing productive to add, Please refrain from posting...
  8. Canefan

Canefan New Member

I see a noticeable increase in the speed at which web pages are rendered. I use the Xscope browser which is far faster than the stock browser and with the pinch/zoom at stock clock speeds it takes a second or two to resize the page when zooming in. At 800mhz, it's virtually instantaneous.
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Besides, they aren't really LAZY considering they found the time to research their phone...instead of maybe...just not liking it and returning it to Verizon without even checking for solutions somewhere.
  10. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

yeah I will probably manually clock it at 550 when playing games from now on. Would really be nice if there was an app like you describe to do that for you.
  11. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

There may not be as noticeable increase in speed from a standard home setup. I could see that scenario. But I will say that when running GDE the speed increase is astounding. Its definately faster. :)

I do not see a significant increase from 800-950, though.

-Wil