A Little About Me

StephayB

Reaction score
I am a new Droid user and would like to find out the best ways to use my phone. When I updated one of my apps and was told it was no longer on my phone, I thought it might be a good idea to see if other folks had ever had that problem. So I joined looking for answers to this question and to any I have in the future.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a new Droid user and would like to find out the best ways to use my phone. When I updated one of my apps and was told it was no longer on my phone, I thought it might be a good idea to see if other folks had ever had that problem. So I joined looking for answers to this question and to any I have in the future.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. You received a notification that there was an update for an app but the app wasn't on your phone?

Take a look in the Market. Press the menu button and select downloads. See if it isn't in there. Reinstall it.

OP
S

StephayB

Reaction score
I had Laputa running, got a notice of an update, installed the update, now when i touch the Laputa icon, it says the app isn't installed on my phone. Did I miss a step? I'll follow Hook's advice right now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had Laputa running, got a notice of an update, installed the update, now when i touch the Laputa icon, it says the app isn't installed on my phone. Did I miss a step? I'll follow Hook's advice right now.

If you don't see it in the downloads go to settings/applications/all applications and go to Laputa. Tap that and uninstall it. Then reinstall it from the Market.

What is Laputa and did you get it from the Market or download it as an .apk file?

OP
S

StephayB

Reaction score
Laputa

Laputa is a book reader, it was a droid app that came with my phone (purchased from Verizon online) and I enjoy immensely.

What I found out was that when I updated the app today, it deleted the current version and installed another. I was touching the original app, which was no longer there, instead of scrolling down to the new app.

Thank you all for your help, now I just have to figure out how to remove the old icon so all I have is the working one. Told you i was a newbie :)