A lil help guys(sdcard)

jaye712

Reaction score
Simple question..probably sounds dumb but hw do u move a downloaded app to your SD card?is there even a way since ics?,i got a replacement, but a certain app doesn't wanna replace my personal files,even with a bcked up email... n if there is a way to move it,iam hoping itll get saved somehow?

DROID RAZR/ICS215

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hi, tap options, manage apps, all, tap on the app you're referring to, there's a spot that says transfer or move app... if its an option for that app, it'll show there, just tap on it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem.. hope this helps the Op too. :)

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Hi, tap options, manage apps, all, tap on the app you're referring to, there's a spot that says transfer or move app... if its an option for that app, it'll show there, just tap on it.[/QUOTE

I dont think theres an option for that app.unless it has to do with the storage?sry,smartphone newbieish

View attachment 53915

DROID RAZR/ICS215

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Jaye, where it says "move to internal storage" should move it to your internal sdcard. You can always double check. After you move it to internal storage, go back to the app in settings and it should say "move to phone sotrage."

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Jaye, where it says "move to internal storage" should move it to your internal sdcard. You can always double check. After you move it to internal storage, go back to the app in settings and it should say "move to phone sotrage."

Ohhh ok..got cha!#lol.. I thought it would move elsewhere,didn't wanna botch up nothin,had to make sure befour i press anything ty ty ..hopefully that app will work on the replacement RAZR n hope my files will show up

DROID RAZR/ICS215

Last edited by a moderator:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oops, sorry Jaye but it probably will not work on the replacement Razr... because it still is on the internal sd card. But all is not lost. Now that it is on the internal sdcard, you can save it or move it to your external sdcard or actually what you should do is...
  • On your pc, create a folder for your razr sd cards.
  • I would make a folder for internal sd card and one for external sd card
  • Then copy everything that is on your internal sd card into the internal sd card folder on your pc.
  • Periodically copy the contents of your external sd card into the external sd card folder on your pc (to have for backup in case something happens to that card)
  • Then copy the contents from your internal sd card folder onto the internal sd card of your phone... or just copy the files you think you need.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Oops, sorry Jaye but it probably will not work on the replacement Razr... because it still is on the internal sd card. But all is not lost. Now that it is on the internal sdcard, you can save it or move it to your external sdcard or actually what you should do is...

[*]On your pc, create a folder for your razr sd cards.
[*]I would make a folder for internal sd card and one for external sd card
[*]Then copy everything that is on your internal sd card into the internal sd card folder on your pc.
[*]Periodically copy the contents of your external sd card into the external sd card folder on your pc (to have for backup in case something happens to that card)
[*]Then copy the contents from your internal sd card folder onto the internal sd card of your phone... or just copy the files you think you need.

Oh crap, easier said then done,.dnt have a pc lol..i was wondering why i couldnt find it after i moved it..buttt,i will have to save this for future reference when i get my pc screen replaced,cant see a damm thing threw a cracked screen lol..ty for ur help tho..guess i gotta wrk my way around it or send the replacement bck (jst to test out if flash wrked on a new device).anyway,damm,...thats alot of files 0_0

DROID RAZR/ICS215

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
in that case, just move the app folder from your internal sd card to your external sd card... then when you put your external sd card to the new phone, you can move that folder to the internal sd card on your new phone.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
in that case, just move the app folder from your internal sd card to your external sd card... then when you put your external sd card to the new phone, you can move that folder to the internal sd card on your new phone.

Good deal..thanks for ur help tismydroid

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You're welcome jaye! Hope it did what you were trying to accomplish. It's hard sometimes because there can be so many ways to accomplish the same result.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
You're welcome jaye! Hope it did what you were trying to accomplish. It's hard sometimes because there can be so many ways to accomplish the same result.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

It actually did but i think the app was the issue(ill be keepin this for future reference forsure),..i decided not to swich my replacement cuz i would have to do alot of movin files in general.it was basically a test out to see if flash worked plus my service is in n out since ics(no change smh)..imma jst go head n get a new sd card n see if it helps with my service..the things u GOTTA do LOL..thank u so much for ur time n help tismydroid..now i know hw to move legitimate apps over lol