A humble victory for my Droid over the iPhone.

rmcray08

Reaction score
Alright, so I bet this post is destined to be buried under all the big news that's broken over the past 24 hours but I just wanted to share a small victory that my Droid and I shared today.

My lab advisor and I were sitting face to face across her desk this morning deciding on a time to reschedule a meeting we had scheduled. She whipped out her iPhone and I pulled out the Droid and after a minute or two of bouncing back and fourth we decided on a date and time. Once decided, it took me only a few seconds to press and hold to create a new event and enter all pertinent info. It easily took her two to three times as long to perform the same function. My Droid was back in my pocket before she even had time to look up. Droid 1, iPhone 0.

Yes, it's meaningless, and other variables probably accounted for the differences in speed, but these little situations frequently reaffirm my decision to go Droid.

As the kids say..."PWNED!"

ldimick

Reaction score
Yeah, the feature that people like (the eye candy) is that to set times you have to play with a 'spinning wheel' to pick the time on the iphone. Much slower.

I had a MAJOR epic win on Sunday. I was in a church meeting. My friend and I were using our phones (Droid and iphone) to read the scriptures being discussed. Even heat. Then the speaker wrote on a blackboard. We both opened up note applications and entered the notes. Even Heat still. Then we went back to the scriptures. I held down the HOME button and re-entered the scripture app. Advantage Droid. Back to notes. He is starting to fall behind. Advantage Droid. Then the speaker referenced a talk that was found on a web page. While looking up the webpage we went back to the scriptures. I reopened the browser, then added a note and looked over at my friend. He had given up and gone to paper and pencil. EPIC DROID WIN!

Droid does. Iphone users deny reality!

mddx

Reaction score
Having left the iphone world last November, I am now gloating over my droid.

When she's bored maybe she would like to also see,

your super hi resolution screen
your removable battery
your customizable desktop with live widgets
your live wallpaper
your 3 (Cubed) music player
your open market place
your full navigation system
your desktop and car dock applications
your ability to multitask
just to name a few ....

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the feature that people like (the eye candy) is that to set times you have to play with a 'spinning wheel' to pick the time on the iphone. Much slower.

I had a MAJOR epic win on Sunday. I was in a church meeting. My friend and I were using our phones (Droid and iphone) to read the scriptures being discussed. Even heat. Then the speaker wrote on a blackboard. We both opened up note applications and entered the notes. Even Heat still. Then we went back to the scriptures. I held down the HOME button and re-entered the scripture app. Advantage Droid. Back to notes. He is starting to fall behind. Advantage Droid. Then the speaker referenced a talk that was found on a web page. While looking up the webpage we went back to the scriptures. I reopened the browser, then added a note and looked over at my friend. He had given up and gone to paper and pencil. EPIC DROID WIN!

Think you should study up on the sin of pride.

ldimick

Reaction score

Perhaps. Or even Matthew 7:3?

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Yeah I was this close ---><---- to getting an iPhone. Glad I didn't!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid can multitask like a champ and long pressing home button to get back to apps = FTMFW!

Droid simply DOES while iXXXX DOESN'T

-=Jason=-

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Perhaps. Or even Matthew 7:3?

Sorry, can't read your response with this darn log stuck in my eye. :)

tycedeano

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend who owns an IPhone the other day. He said he didn't like the DROID because the keyboard was too small for his big, sausage fingers. I told him his fingers weren't big, they just looked big when he was holding his tiny pecker....