A good keyboard setup for gameboid

moot

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm considering buying Gameboid, but I'm having some trouble setting up controls on gameboid lite that are both precise and comfortable.

What control set ups are you all using? I tried the default keyboard set up, tried using the dpad, various combination of virtual and hardware keyboard, but every time I play for more than 10 minutes my hands cramp up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Million

Reaction score
Q for L
Left Shift for R
A for A
S for B

Dpad is the dpad on the right on the droid.

Worked well for me

FlipBack

Reaction score
W-up
Z-down
A-left
D-right
R-Shift-A button
. - B button
Del - Select
Enter - Start

Works for me, easier than the d-pad imo, proper shape. Don't play any games that need the left/right triggers, but if I did I would use Q and delete, and reassign select to the ? key.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
When are the devs for these emulators going to add some on screen control's for A, B etc...?

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I'll give those a try. But I'm starting to suspect it is the size of my hands that are causing cramps, not the controls. How long are you all playing, before your hands cramp?

Also, I'm a little confused about the paid feature of "loading of save state". I seem to already be able to save and load, and I'm curious as to what I will be paying for in the paid version of gameboid.

Thanks all.

Million

Reaction score
My hands cramp after a twenty minutes of play....

FlipBack

Reaction score
I've played for ~2 hrs without my hands cramping. I have big hands too. Not huge, but bigger than average.

Mr.G

Reaction score
Not too many Gameboid users know this, but it's possible to use the camera button as the R shoulder button as long as you use a light press (Used for focusing). It's definitely going to increase the frustration risk factor though. But I guess that's what auto pause is for.

R trig Camera Button (As I said, light press)
L trig Q or Volume Up (depending on game)
A A
B L-Shift
Start Start
Select B
D-pad D-pad

NVash

Reaction score
I tried playing Megaman Zero and Castlevania, my fingers cramped in about five minutes. I think those games are a little too frantic to enjoy on this.

A - A
B - S
L - Q
R - W

Truthfully I may need to reconfigure them because sometimes I think the buttons are entirely too close to the edge of the phone. That could be another reason my hand cramps up so fast.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I tried playing Megaman Zero and Castlevania, my fingers cramped in about five minutes. I think those games are a little too frantic to enjoy on this.

A - A
B - S
L - Q
R - W

Truthfully I may need to reconfigure them because sometimes I think the buttons are entirely too close to the edge of the phone. That could be another reason my hand cramps up so fast.

I think the choice in games is a primary concern, in regards to our cramping hands. A slow moving RPG, I can play 30+ minutes on, but a button mashing game like megaman, kills my hands.