A good Battery life kernel

o29

Reaction score
jesus. Is that the regular battery or an extended one?

Just the regular old battery. It's kind of funny because when I first switched to Sapphire I was seeing my battery drain a little faster and was a little disappointed but since 1.1 it's really been great.

@anyone, is losing 10% an hour normal for you? Just a general question bc that's what my average is, no matter what rom or kernel im on or using. Just wondering.

No it's not normal. See posts above. If you're using your phone for the entirety of the hour then maybe, but there's no way you should see a 10% drain if your phone is sleeping most of the time. Are you using/can you use a LV kernel? Do you have a screen off profile set up in SetCPU? Do you have any applications that could be preventing your phone from sleeping?

minger

Reaction score
Hm...might have to try it, but I'm runnign Slayher's with the patches now and the CVPCS kernel bootloops when I install it...after checking sd card after boot. Might be the patches I ended up installing and too lazy to redo it

Mr.L09

Reaction score
@anyone, is losing 10% an hour normal for you? Just a general question bc that's what my average is, no matter what rom or kernel im on or using. Just wondering.

Yea I have the same issues

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jville95

Reaction score
No it's not normal. See posts above. If you're using your phone for the entirety of the hour then maybe, but there's no way you should see a 10% drain if your phone is sleeping most of the time. Are you using/can you use a LV kernel? Do you have a screen off profile set up in SetCPU? Do you have any applications that could be preventing your phone from sleeping?

Well I don't use my phone its entirety but it gets used. Let me give you a hypothetical days situation on MY D1's battery life: My phone will show fully charged and I can unplug it and not use it for 2-4 hours it loses 10%... Lets say its fully charged and im fiddling around with it for maybe 20 mins(10-15 texts, scrolling the homescreens, SMALL misc stuff, etc.) loses 10%... So its like when im at work, I can pretty much pinpoint that every 40 mins to hour, its gonna drop 10% regardless and im mainly texting at work, phone on silent(no vibrate).

I do have setCPU and my profiles(right now) are as follows:

MAIN: 125min/800max
Screen Off: 125min/400max / Priority 100
CPU Temp: 125min/125max / Priority 95
Charge AC/Full: 125min/550max / Priority 90
Battery < 21%: 125min/550max / Priority 85

Now mind you, im using Sapphire's 7x125 1000LV kernel and I just switched to this one today bc it gave/gives me the best batt life so far out of the others. :icon_eek:

And as far as my apps, I have about 60 and I went thru a few of them and looked to see which ones "Prevent phone from sleeping" and there were a few. Now, my take on this IS, if I have to remove apps from my phone just to gain an additional 1-2 hours of batt life, then its not worth it. I mean my Droid wouldn't be a "Droid" with no apps. :) But there are apps that I will not remove like ASTRO, Titan Backup, setCPU(just a few to name). So I really didn't bother on that aspect of things. I tried the Droidwall app and I wasn't sure if it helped me for the better or worse. I know Juice defender makes my phone super laggy so I've disabled it.

This kernel I have is giving me about 10 hours of good usage and today I was browsing the web for about 10-20 mins, texting a lot and listening to my MP3 music for about 10 mins. But I guess im just looking for more and its possible that it isn't there, yet.

SN: I have disabled my 3G when I was on CM6 Final and that was pretty good but I didn't get a chance to thoroughly test the rom/kernel but I also would hate to run around disconnecting my sync(which I know causes some of it) and my 3G, but the 3G I can do without throughout the day from time to time.

SDraconis

Reaction score
Hm...might have to try it, but I'm runnign Slayher's with the patches now and the CVPCS kernel bootloops when I install it...after checking sd card after boot. Might be the patches I ended up installing and too lazy to redo it
Try flashing one of P3Droid's kernels temporarily before flashing back to a cvpcs one. There might be some issues with things that Slayher's kernel leaves behind that P3Droid's kernel install process apparently clears up. See the thread I posted above.

minger

Reaction score
Did a wipe and redid it, running CVPCS 125-800 lv. seems to be draining a tad faster, using TweetDeck checking every 30 minutes, and an exchange and imap email account and a little texting. Probably go back to Slayher.

I wish there was a way to modify your own voltages on the fly, kind of like RMClock on Windows.

jville95

Reaction score
@minger,

I was having the same issue with battery life on the Sapphire LV 125-800 kernel. I made a change to the Sapphire LV 125-900 and the LV 125-1000 but still life wasn't so great. My advice before you switch is to try the SV 125-1000. Your phone may be pushing or "working" extra to maintain that low voltage. As I read in another thread, our phones were tested in the factory at standard voltage settings so you may want to get as close as possible to that as you can. You see my stats below and I installed this kernel YESTERDAY, only overclocked to 600MHz and its still on the same charge.
My usage has been emailing, phone calls, and a lot of texting. :)

setCPU profiles....

MAIN SCREEN: 125min, 600max

SCREEN OFF: 125min, 400max (Priority 100)

CPU Temp > 48.0: 125min, 125max (Priority 95)

Temp > 48.1: 125min, 125max (Priority 95)

Charging AC/Full: 125min, 550max (Priority 90)

Battery < 21%: 125min, 550max (Priority 85)

Advanced Screen: 32000, 65, 0, 0

*edit: Added a pic of my homescreen so you can see my battery life and setCPU and setCPU settings...

Last edited:

minger

Reaction score
right now with slayher's, being off the charger for half an hour, the Running percentage is 7% as per spare parts...is that high or low? Also realized with Wifi it always wants to stay connected even when I'm not using it, makes no sense because I figured it shouldn't scan that often...

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Thise having battery drain issues you should also see how the other settings in your phone are set such as: auto sync, gps, wifi, facebook updates, and for me one things was in settings-wifi-mobile networks...if ur without a solid signal (which is the case for me at work) make sure u have the roaming data disabled....there are many other settings to that can affect battery life much of which depends on individual settings for individual apps, such as i mentioned facebook, plus others like weatherbug & especially any widgets seem to drain battery life as well i have found my battery drains faster even with just the stock power control widget active...there are many small tweaks that can be made to help battery life.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Change your wifi sleep policy in wifi advanced settings to sleep whenevr your screen is off...please note though it takes a few min after screen has been off before it sleeps.

right now with slayher's, being off the charger for half an hour, the Running percentage is 7% as per spare parts...is that high or low? Also realized with Wifi it always wants to stay connected even when I'm not using it, makes no sense because I figured it shouldn't scan that often...