A General Question About Froyo Update

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I an already rooted and have been since I have owned my Droid, but when I saw that the pending release of the Droid 2 was going to come with Froyo, i had a question. The Droid 2 is running some form of Motoblur much like the Droid X, right. Could Verizon potentially release a version of Froyo for the Droid 1 that would contain the same bootloader that would not afford custom roms for those that may try the official version of Froyo?

I am going to wait for a custom rom when the offical version is dropped, but I just had this thought. Anyone have any input?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Might get better results asking in the Hacking/Modding forums. They're far more active with the types of people that would be able to answer this.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I an already rooted and have been since I have owned my Droid, but when I saw that the pending release of the Droid 2 was going to come with Froyo, i had a question. The Droid 2 is running some form of Motoblur much like the Droid X, right. Could Verizon potentially release a version of Froyo for the Droid 1 that would contain the same bootloader that would not afford custom roms for those that may try the official version of Froyo?

I am going to wait for a custom rom when the offical version is dropped, but I just had this thought. Anyone have any input?

That is a VERY good but scary question :shocked:

I'm pretty sure if they did decide to do that....it would be the devs that discovered it first and no rom would be released with it. I'm glad i'm rooted now just in case that happened in the official release :D