A funny thing happened yesterday....

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
So I am texting someone on my phone, and the keys go crazy like they sometimes do.. i just backed up a few times and got finished... then this is where it gets weird.... my ohone all by itself, went to the home screen.....dropped the notification bar down...and i saw voicemail clicked and started to call voicemail. I was tripping out.. so i immediately turned the phone off and did a factory reset. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Ot is remote control even possible?

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
The key is in what you started with... Your keys go crazy texting... If that is happening then something is messed up with your keyboard app, and it sounds like it was injecting keystrokes into the keyboard buffer. Software that is designed to test other software can do that and simulates a person doing different actions on a keyboard. So, at least its possible that your keyboard app is buggy and that's what causing it. Or its possible that some other app is misbehaving and sending keystrokes. Yes, remote control is possible, but might not be the most likely explanation.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Was it plugged into the charger at the time?? Ghost typing is a common problem with phones plugged into power supplies, especially ones that weren't supplied with the phone by the manufacturer. Poor power regulation and RF interference confuses the digitizer causing it to read screen presses where there are none. Also since capacitance based touch screens are affected by moisture, if it's used in a high humidity environment (or gets wet, especially along the edges), it can also respond with ghost typing.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Lil4cyl said:
So I am texting someone on my phone, and the keys go crazy like they sometimes do.. i just backed up a few times and got finished... then this is where it gets weird.... my ohone all by itself, went to the home screen.....dropped the notification bar down...and i saw voicemail clicked and started to call voicemail. I was tripping out.. so i immediately turned the phone off and did a factory reset. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Ot is remote control even possible?

Were there any black helicopters following you? They are watching you.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Were there any black helicopters following you? They are watching you.

Shhhh!! You'll blow my cover! I'm going to have to let C.O.N.T.R.O.L know about this leak!

Agent_10.7

Reaction score
LoudRam, you need to be careful! If C.O.N.T.R.O.L. finds out about FoxKat's cover being blown then they will release the Skynet O.S. onto our phones!!

Jack Flash

Reaction score
Clean the salty sweaty off your glassy screeny. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Otakulad

Reaction score
Lil4cyl said:

Did you have headphones plugged in when it happened? My wife was complaining that when she was watching Netflix with her headphones it would try to call her mom. I later borrowed her headphones to watch Netflix and the same thing happened to me. Only thing I can think of.

OP
L

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
Lol...no hands were not wet..nor was the phone plugged in. But I DID see black unmarked helicopters flying around outside. :)

jimbarr

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I loaded ICS .2233. I attributed it to something funky in SwiftKey 3. I uninstalled and re-installed SwiftKey 3, rebooted, and it's worked properly ever since. And now that I'm at ICS .230, I haven't seen the issue.

jayman350

Reaction score
Lol...no hands were not wet..nor was the phone plugged in. But I DID see black unmarked helicopters flying around outside. :)

allegedly...you allegedly saw unmarked helicopters :p

I have had my phone do some crazy stuff when the screen was dirty, or the screen protector was on its way out. Do you have a protector on your screen, or is it bare? Give it a nice cleaning and see if that helps at all.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Agent_10.7 said:
LoudRam, you need to be careful! If C.O.N.T.R.O.L. finds out about FoxKat's cover being blown then they will release the Skynet O.S. onto our phones!!

I'm not worried. Not only am I wearing my tin foil hat, I'm also living in a tin foil tent. I'm protected.

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
You have seen the red eye on startup, right. All your data now belongs to us. True pwnage at its best.