A fresh take on the Infamous Galaxy Nexus...

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably won't be going back to Motorola anytime soon, save for the week I owned a Razr...

Here's my question doc...and please take this with a grain of salt...Why is it that people sign off on not going with a specific manufacturer? I've loved all of my phones OG Droid, Droid X, Fascinate, and now Rezound. While I may not agree with the UI's that everyone wants to shove on any given phone, I don't say that I'd never go back to a specific manufacturer...a specific phone yes. But if you would've asked me years ago about my next phone I wouldn't have been able to say that I'd have an HTC now...I didn't like their build quality and parts. I'm a happy Rezound owner now. I mean what if Moto gets the next Nexus? Being in bed with Google sure couldn't hurt... Again this whole comment is just an observation..not intended to offend or do anything other than provoke thought.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Here's my question doc...and please take this with a grain of salt...Why is it that people sign off on not going with a specific manufacturer? I've loved all of my phones OG Droid, Droid X, Fascinate, and now Rezound. While I may not agree with the UI's that everyone wants to shove on any given phone, I don't say that I'd never go back to a specific manufacturer...a specific phone yes. But if you would've asked me years ago about my next phone I wouldn't have been able to say that I'd have an HTC now...I didn't like their build quality and parts. I'm a happy Rezound owner now. I mean what if Moto gets the next Nexus? Being in bed with Google sure couldn't hurt... Again this whole comment is just an observation..not intended to offend or do anything other than provoke thought.

Well, in my experience, manufacturers tend to repeat problems, with the exception of Anomalies like the initial release of the Thunderbolt.

I'm not running from UI's, more running from the past experience. Part of the reason I go around forums reading is to be proved wrong about a company or phone so that I can make a better informed decision on a purchase or have a better idea about a phone before I go look at it...

So, its not that I won't buy another Moto phone, its like I said, just not anytime soon as just having a Razr, Moto just haven't changed much, other then the hardware... They are still having a few software complications and I wish they'd get rid of that damn PenTile display... It really is ruining the phones...

Without really going into it, let's just say my Fascinate gave me all kinds of software related headaches, but that screen was gorgeous! However, it seemed to settle down after while. Biggest problem with Sammy was really just the high gloss super plastic flimsy build quality of the phones...

Just my opinion...

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

Last edited:
OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
I'm going to see if I can get my wife to register and post her own opinions first hand...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Talked my wife into joining so she should post in a day or two....

Btw, you get a peep of the attached image?

Really? Wow! Craziness...

breedingh8

Reaction score
Seriously, tho I rate the Rezound better then the Nexus at the moment, that can change quickly. Things will become blurry when the Rezound gets its ICS update tho or SOff root is achieved and CM9 is unleashed to the world...

Either way, with either of these phones, you can't go wrong... But stay away from the Razr if you're asking me...

Edit: I don't mean to turn you away from the Razr at all. I owned one for a bit myself. Just from my personal experience, the Razr has the most quirks and of the three, the worse screen and a choppy, less then brilliant visual experience...

Choppy?!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Choppy?!

Choppy = Stuttering visuals when switching home screens, using Live Wallpapers (some live Wallpapers because the usual choppiness doesn't really increase much with most live Wallpapers) and the smoothness of the transition effects...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Choppy = Stuttering visuals when switching home screens, using Live Wallpapers (some live Wallpapers because the usual choppiness doesn't really increase much with most live Wallpapers) and the smoothness of the transition effects...

Just overall smoothness...

breedingh8

Reaction score

LOL yeah I know what the term means I'm just surprised... My razr is lighting fast no chop at a.. My tablet isn't quite as smooth as my razr

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
LOL yeah I know what the term means I'm just surprised... My razr is lighting fast no chop at a.. My tablet isn't quite as smooth as my razr

Yeah, Ur right, the Razr is fast as hell but not smooth... That's in the UI tho... Where my Rezound is much smoother but at the cost of some speed... My phone is still fast but, not like the Razr, but the Razr is nowhere as smooth as the Rezound...

Again I say, that's strictly in the UI itself...

breedingh8

Reaction score
Yeah, Ur right, the Razr is fast as hell but not smooth... That's in the UI tho... Where my Rezound is much smoother but at the cost of some speed... My phone is still fast but, not like the Razr, but the Razr is nowhere as smooth as the Rezound...

Again I say, that's strictly in the UI itself...

Dunno since I haven't used a Rezound my UI screams.. I'm happy... Glad your happy.... I'd be much happier if I could get my TF-201 :-\

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Dunno since I haven't used a Rezound my UI screams.. I'm happy... Glad your happy.... I'd be much happier if I could get my TF-201 :-\

I hear yah...

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
I truly hope everyone is voting on the poll based on honest opinions. I want people to see what is the general consensus, not just.Rezound heavy owners...

Maybe I should repost this thread in the Nexus section or go over there n ask them to come chime in?