1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

A few very basic questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Habs Forever, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Habs Forever

Habs Forever New Member

Hello. Sorry if this is repetitive, I searched around for a bit and couldn't find anything.

I used the Droid RootKit today to root my Droid, which I completed successfully. I was very happy to finally be able to do it that easily. I also added on this nice cool boot screen. Now I just have a few questions.

I want a ROM like Froyo. How do I get this on there? Can I use the INSTALL ROM feature on the Droid Root Kit? Where do I download Froyo? I found the latest release thread and still didn't find a download link. If I can't use the RootKit, how do I do it?

Also, my phone keeps asking for me to update. How can I stop this? Can't I not update it because of the root?

Sorry for the dumb questions, and again, sorry if they've been asked many times already. Maybe I was using search terms too broad.

Thanks for any help, and have a good day.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

3. Habs Forever

Habs Forever New Member

Okay, I downloaded that Zip File and put it in the root of my phone...but now what do I do?
  4. cromo8

cromo8 New Member