A few stupid questions

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by supr2nr, Apr 11, 2010.

1. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay I'm sorry but let me ask a few stupid questions, that I think after answered will help more people than just myself.

1. After doing a complete nandroid restore for a new ROM (such as 9.8) how would you get to the Google Setup screen first instead of entering into a "preconfigured" phone? I would assume the answer to this would be after doing a nandroid restore perform a wipe data/factory reset. Although I think that in 9.8 that caused the android bug.

2. How the hell does Market work? LOL. I have had my phone for months now and I still to this date don't understand completely how Market works. For example, you may have setCPU installed (which is a paid app) and also have K-9 Mail installed (which is free). If you do a factory reset or upgrade or do a fresh nandroid restore and you sign in to your google account and open up Market you might see both apps listed in your downloads section waiting to be installed. Another time just setCPU will be listed there. The other oddity is how does it decide on what apps to restore automatically when you do a factory reset or a fresh nandroid?

3. Market update notifications. Is Market not supposed to push notifications to your phone for updates to apps as soon as they appear? Or does it do it at set times? The reason I ask is that because I have been on 9.0 and 9.8 I have maybe only gotten 3 notifications of updated apps. And on all the notifications it was for multiple apps. It was as if it was waiting, gathering all of the notifications during a 24 hour period and sending them to my phone at once.

That's it for now. I know its a lot but I had to ask. The second question confuses me the most! LOL

#1 supr2nr, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I can answer numbers 2 and three for you.

2. All apps should be there if you do a factory reset from the privacy section of your phone. Only the paid apps will be there if you do a hard factory reset.

3. No, Market updates are not instantaneous, that's why you will see on the board somebody talking about an update you don't know about yet. However if you take a trip to the Market any updates that are available for update that you have will show, regardless of notification.

3. artjr

artjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I have it set to hide notification bar, how can I see it to check for Info?

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    In the Market its menu and then downloads. Updates will appear at the top.