A few starter questions

lovindroid2

Reaction score
First can you turn the touch screen off when you are on the phone? If so, how? Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen? How in the world can I delete, not just move, but delete apps that was part of the phone when I got it, blockbuster, etc? What are the apps that we are mostly helpful downloaded for the droid 2? I have the handcent, which is AWESOME! But is there any others. I do a lot of music, pics, texting. Thanks a bunch! BTW: this is my first droid of any kind!!!:motdroidhoriz:

ffej89

Reaction score
Thats alot of questions. The apps that came on the phone you cant remove until you root (jailbreak) your phone

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First can you turn the touch screen off when you are on the phone? If so, how? Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen? How in the world can I delete, not just move, but delete apps that was part of the phone when I got it, blockbuster, etc? What are the apps that we are mostly helpful downloaded for the droid 2? I have the handcent, which is AWESOME! But is there any others. I do a lot of music, pics, texting. Thanks a bunch! BTW: this is my first droid of any kind!!!:motdroidhoriz:

The proximity sensor will turn off the screen when its close to your face but I don't think you can change the sensitivity of the screen. You can remove the stock apps with rooting. Check out the market for the top downloaded apps to get you started

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and Congrats on your first Droid, the phone has a tilt sensor built in that should turn the screen off whil it is held to your face, there is also screebl in the Market that betters this experience, as far as the preinstalled apps you are stuck with them unless you Root your device and then you could delete them, although Rooting and the D2 is a very new thing

Any other questions feel free to ask, this forum is full of information

OP
L

lovindroid2

Reaction score
thanks guys for all the help! I have sat all day just messing this one and am guessing the root is not there just yet! As for searching the market for the whole sensor thing...I am lost, some of those things are not so plane jane! But off to the market I guess so search for something!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks guys for all the help! I have sat all day just messing this one and am guessing the root is not there just yet! As for searching the market for the whole sensor thing...I am lost, some of those things are not so plane jane! But off to the market I guess so search for something!

the senors already on your phone you dont have to download anything.

i was saying just check out the market to find some of the top rated apps and give them a try. most of them are free

Dragoro

Reaction score
Yeah Root isnt an app either. Its a process you do to unlock your phone. Ive never done it so I cant tell ya how to do it.

OP
L

lovindroid2

Reaction score
yea i went to search what root was really cause I had no clue...but oh well...it is going to take me a month to figure this phone out! But I am having fun!

bizzshow

Reaction score
their are plenty of tutorials out their just know it will void your warranty of you decide to do out.read up and learn all you can I also suggest you get to know your phone first

OP
L

lovindroid2

Reaction score
Yea i was wondering if I could delete those apps that i know i won't use...but oh well! I will put them in a folder for the time being... I think!

Also one other question: When i get a message either text or email, the ringtone keeps playing all the way through and I have not figured out how to stop it once I push a button. I had a BB and as soon as it would start I would press any button and it would stop but for some reason i am either over looking how to do that or does it play the whole ringtone?

their are plenty of tutorials out their just know it will void your warranty of you decide to do out.read up and learn all you can I also suggest you get to know your phone first

Syraz

Reaction score
Think if you slide task bar down it cuts the sound off..
My phone is kept on vibrate 90% of the time so I can't remember for sure..

Yea i was wondering if I could delete those apps that i know i won't use...but oh well! I will put them in a folder for the time being... I think!

Also one other question: When i get a message either text or email, the ringtone keeps playing all the way through and I have not figured out how to stop it once I push a button. I had a BB and as soon as it would start I would press any button and it would stop but for some reason i am either over looking how to do that or does it play the whole ringtone?

Dragoro

Reaction score

You can delete them off your screens, just not off the phone. Deleting the apps off your screens wont hurt anything.