A few quick pointers on GB vs Froyo and general updates

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by circsmonky, Jan 29, 2011.

1. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gingerbread is a whole new system, it's like going from XP to Windows 7 or for the mac users OS 9 to OS X. things are very different. because of that metamorphs and other things like that dont work right due to GB stores things differently.

Google releases its new OS's based off of the Nexus 1. so when a dev takes that for a different phone like the D1 hardware is different. thats why the video cam didn't work for a while.

i ran another GB release at one point when his was still really off. then his next release was 10 times better that the one i had. he's finding fixes or making his own. you can count on the fact that anything he can make work will.

Themes are on hold for the moment as Raziel is having some things he needs to deal with at home. we wanted more out this week but its gonna have to wait. i can assure you he has at least 2 more almost ready that when i had them i really wanted to run over my usual Revolution theme. and to turn me from my fav theme it must be good.

the whole team is busting their butts to get this all running perfectly so you can enjoy a great GB ROM for your D1 with no certainty that GB will ever come to our phone as an OTA.

As new updates come that we dont release those that helped and got the privilege to run them will get the updates as they come. I will send you an email myself with the link but sometimes i cant do it till later in the day as the only way i can get online at work is tethering my phone to a slow and old laptop lucky to have wi-fi. So be assured we are all doing everything we can as fast as we can so you can still enjoy the best ROM out there.

#1 circsmonky, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  2. qkpony

qkpony Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good info thanks for an update.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. stumpie

stumpie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1st .. The above post (#3) makes not sense to me^^

2nd .. Thanks for the update circsmonky..

4. Raziel23x

Raziel23x APK Multi-Tools
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Twitter:
    raziel23x
    Well I took care of the post so do not worry some people gripe and complain to just hear themselves

5. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Freakin haterz...

The whole build up to GINGER, I really wasn't to keen on an OS change of this magnitude. The main reason being I felt the D1's hardware wouldnt cooperate. ...

Honestly I will admit I doubted Liquids ability...
    LGB erased all doubt in my mind...
    The camcorder issue will be resolved ...

6. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for the heads up, cant wait

7. droidaddict101

Ratings:
    +0
    Good post.

I think someone should maybe also start and sticky a thread keeping track of programs that don't work with GB.

I haven't played around with my apps to really notice any yet but I have noticed that SetCPU doesn't seem to change profiles correctly. I also prefer using widget locker but that has become impossible with GB's aggressive task killing. I tried using Minfreemanager and it doesnt seem to help.

8. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    apps that stay open dont seem to work 100% of the time. widget locker being one of them. screebl seems to work ok with the last LGB liquid gave me. and i have a problem with drocap sometimes. once the devs of the apps start updating for GB things will be better. for now i dont think we could make a whole list.

9. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    I noticed my setcpu widget doesn't show the profiles correctly (as if it isn't refreshing), but in my notification bar it always shows the correct profile and if I open the app it also shows the correct profile. Just widget not updating for me.. (but I did notice this before Ginger also) personally think it's LP...

10. Homindroid

Homindroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have loaded LGB and damn it was snappy! Unfortunately the one app I used ALOT force closes (Morte Player, I love me some Audio Books!). Hopefully DEVS are already hard at work updating their apps.

I agree with the above poster, The Liquid Team will have this sorted out in short order! Now, once the Treasury Department pays me, a donation will be on the way. Great work Liquid & Team!