A few questions

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by ShadowfoxXXX, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ShadowfoxXXX

ShadowfoxXXX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i recently installed apex 1.3.1 (first custom rom) and i like pretty much everything about it.

However i do have a few questions/complaints.
    I would like to remove the nexus wallpaper. Not change it, remove it completely, as i already have the nexus revamped pro wallpaper and the nexus -cm command isn't working (I get the message "/sdcard/Apex/LiveWallpapers.com: No such file or directory")

Also, when using Hot Reboot, i get a system process timeout wait/kill message.

Oh and a quick suggestion; how about creating a simple GUI for all the scripts? I feel like this would be incredibly simple, however i don't know how to code for android...

anyway great work. loving the rom.

2. ScottyDsntKnow

ScottyDsntKnow Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The system timeout thing is a known bug, will either get fixed with a 1.3.2 or when FAB goes to 1.4 so we just have to deal with it. Not sure about the wallpaper thing... Try going into root explorer and delete it that way?

The scripts tho... they honestly don't get much simpler. Fab posted directions in the 1.3.1 thread and it is silly easy. Go into terminal, type "su" for superuser and allow permissions when the box pops up(only need to allow on the first time). Then you just type whatever the feature it is you want like messaging, gallery etc... and then a space, then -whatever and hit return. Just as easy as using the liberty toolbox and fab's scripts actually work unlike half the stuff in the liberty toolbox... grumble...

3. ShadowfoxXXX

ShadowfoxXXX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried using root explorer, but I have no idea what file to remove.
    Also, I'm quite capable of using the scripts, and I'm fully aware of how easy it is, HOWEVER i think it would be cool to have a little toolbox app with a GUI. Just to make things a tad simpler.