A few questions You Tube & Better Keyboard

Reaction score
I just noticed today that when on youtube you cannot keep a song playing and surf the web at the same time? is there a way to do this?

Is there a keyboard out there that is bigger sized?

thanks for the help!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Big Buttons Keyboard has oversized buttons in vertical mode and defaults to the normal keyboard in horizontal.

Better Keyboard also has improved spacing.

Lynx

Reaction score
BetterKeyboard is a good app
Shapewriter is a good app
Swype is an amazing app

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the info on the keyboards!!!

Anyone know about youtube?

thanks!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have no idea but maybe if you open youtube in dolphin browser and surf in the stock browser?

Mojo

Reaction score
thanks for the info on the keyboards!!!

Anyone know about youtube?

thanks!

Uh... youtube is for watching videos... no? Just a thought, but when watching a video it has sound, right? So if your trying to play a video with sound, and trying to listen to music with "sound" the two might not work at the same time, right? Or maybe I am just crazy :icon_ lala:

OP
S
Reaction score
of course youtube is for videos that and communicating with ET! its if i navigate from the youtube app to do something else at the same time when a song is playing it shuts it down.

so if i am using the youtube app music is streaming and then if i try to leave it to do anything surf the phone itself or the web or anything BYE BYE music.

The reason i dont use the broswer for youtube is because alot of the videos werent playing in the browser at all.

Does this make sense?

thanks for the help.

dgonz

Reaction score
okay, if i'm understanding you correctly you're using youtube to stream a song, and just wanting to listen to the music and browse the web right?

well the phone is going to recognize youtube as you watching a video, not just listening to the music playing. Obviously you can't watch a video and browse the web at the same time.

Try downloading the app imusic. It's basically like limewire for your phone, you have the option to stream songs online or you can download them to your sd card. And since your phone is just going to read you listening to music, you won't have any problems doing other tasks.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread moved to the corresct sub forum. Have a geat night

OP
S
Reaction score
okay, if i'm understanding you correctly you're using youtube to stream a song, and just wanting to listen to the music and browse the web right?

well the phone is going to recognize youtube as you watching a video, not just listening to the music playing. Obviously you can't watch a video and browse the web at the same time.

Try downloading the app imusic. It's basically like limewire for your phone, you have the option to stream songs online or you can download them to your sd card. And since your phone is just going to read you listening to music, you won't have any problems doing other tasks.

Understood thanks.

I dont know why i thought the youtube app would work like pandora. it streams music and allows you to leave the app and still streams / plays at the same time.

dgonz

Reaction score
Glad I could help.

Another good app combo is imusic and ringdroid

You can download songs from imusic and create ringtones from them.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks! yes i got ringdroid its awesome!!

How does Pandora stream and allow you to leave the app to browse the phone while listen and Youtube doesnt. Just curious if anyone knows.

thanks

dgonz

Reaction score
because pandora is a music streaming app. Youtube is primarily to watch videos on. Hence, it occupies the screen. Hope that makes sense.

OP
S
Reaction score
yes it does. too bad it cant stream music too. I love pandora but i also love to be able to go to youtube and listen to whatever songs i want at the moment.

i need to try i music.

thanks again!