A few questions about the OG Droid!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Neil1979, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Neil1979

Neil1979 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys I have a few questions!

What speed are you running the processor in your OG Droid?
    What Rom are you running in your OG Droid?
    What temp is your Battery running and what is the outside temp?

I am running 800 (setcpu) with the stock rom and with an outsite temp of 98 I have seen 118 f when just searching the market or the web.

Neil
  2. droidkm

droidkm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1100, Simply Stunning 5.4. No clue what temp as I removed the temp app a month after I bought it. The only thing that gets my phone hot enough for me to care is tethering which I do little of these days.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. CharlieJ

CharlieJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    > What speed are you running the processor in your OG Droid?
    Since rooted last week, I have run it between 225MHz and 1GHz... but mostly it stays around 800MHz when in use.

> What Rom are you running in your OG Droid?
    Haven't tried many... yet. Tried GPA17 (Very good, but drained my batt too fast; I might be at fault for that, tho).
    Running Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 right now. (Stable, except Handcent FC every time I run it. Much better on batt so far [almost 24 hours of use now]).
    I just downloaded Liquid Gingerbread 2.6. Plan to try it today -- once I get some good advice on which kernel to use.

> What temp is your Battery running and what is the outside temp?
    Only checked batt temp when I had SetCPU on my phone. Temp stayed pretty low, but I don't recall specifics. From what I understand, using HV and higher CPU frequency develops more heat in most phones. The trick is to pick a kernel or ROM that gives you top speed, lowest battery usage and doesn't overheat your battery. BTW, even stock batteries are different in at least the OG Droid. My oldest daughter and I both have the OG... and three original batteries between us. All three are slightly different, too. So, YMMV.