1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

A Few Questions About Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dansavi, Jun 4, 2010.

1. dansavi

dansavi New Member

I can smell the flames now, but I'd rather someone not like me than do something wrong i can't reverse.

To root/OC:
    1. flash back to 2.0.1
    2. use the rooted version of 2.1
    3. ..use overclocking program?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked enough to make you rip your hair out, but we were all newbies not even a year ago to this amirite?

If you've rooted, would you do it again if you had to? I see overclocking and tethering, but with tethering available non-rooted, what's YOUR reason for rooting and going through the process of downgrading and rooting?

For those that offer help, I thank you in advance.
  2. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

There is no need to go back to 2.0.1 to root your phone. Here is a link that will help you out.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html
    Once you have root access you will need to decide if you want to download a rom or just have the ability to overclock and maybe wifi tether. All you would need is a custom kernel and the app set cpu to accomplish that if you don't want a new rom.
    Yes I would definitely root again and I really can't see myself ever going back to a stock phone
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  3. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! New Member

Search tags for this page
can you reverse an android root
can you reverse root
can you reverse rooting your phone
how to reverse root on android

reverse droid root