A few of your favorite things?

pattikate

Reaction score
I'm about to take the plunge on a new Droid X, and had to ask all DX owners:

What are some of your favorite things about this device - and why?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Simple for me really...and these are not in order even though they are numbered...

1) 1ghz processor is blazing fast, and it powers this phones hardware accordingly.

2) Motorola build quality...this phone is not made of plastic, but instead is primarily Aluminum and glass...hence it can take rough use. I am a mechanic by trade, as well as being a member of the Military...I am hard on phones.

3) Battery life is unparalleled as far as any other "Droid" phones are concerned. I routinely get 17-22 hours of use out of my stock battery. I have gone upwards of 34 hours in between charges with slight use. Rooting and ROM`ing can make those numbers grow even more...

4) 4.3" screen is just pure visual sexiness! Watching ripped films is really nice, as well as playing any type of video games...the extra screen real estate comes in handy

5) ROMs and Themes are available...and they open this phone up quite well. The locked bootloader is of no real consequence to me. Yes, it does keep the Devs from doing more, but then again, less than 1% of users even have an inkling about rooting or ROM`ing their phones...we are the vocal minority...

6) Available storage of up to 32gb right out of the box...as well as 8gb ofinternal storage means i really dont have to worry about filling my phones storage up with apps and then have to resort to putting them on my SD card. I get to use the full capacity of my SD card for MY stuff...pix, vidz, and tunes that I want.

7) This is 1 of only 2 phones that have Liberty! Sorry, but I am a Liberty "nutswinger"...this ROM makes my phone as smooth as melted butter and as fast as it can be without having to overclock. My battery life increased just by installing Liberty...no other hacks, apps or managers installed...Liberty Just Does!

Good luck with your phone...if you get one as good as mine, I do think you will be quite pleased...:)

xush

Reaction score
I could really only give a least fav thing too- I like every feature of this phone better than any other model I've used.

Except for the camera. Not a fan of the X camera at all. Other than that weak link, everything's great.

pool_shark

Reaction score
The large, bright, screen. It's much brighter than my Droid 2.

The above poster doesn't like the camera, I do, because once again, it's better than my Droid 2, especially when using Vignette.

The ability to silence the phone by turning it on its face, a feature my Omnia had.

rudydroid

Reaction score
gotta agree with BodyBagz.
love the phone; especially with liberty on it. great battery life, excellent screen, fast (without oc), plenty of memory, and on and on ...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score
Not a fan of the X camera at all. Other than that weak link, everything's great.

That's interesting. I have heard other folks say this too. What is it about the camera that's not living up to expectations? Thanks!

xush

Reaction score
As good as everything else is on this phone, the camera just isn't of the same quality. Without PERFECT lighting it isn't very usable, no matter how you tweak the settings.

I see people recommending various camera apps, but all they do is tweak the file, not improve the camera. If a pic needs to be filtered, I'd rather pull it off the phone & use photoshop.

Pictures the X takes are OK for viewing on the phone, but aren't usable once you get them on a computer or anything with higher res. Despite the file sizes, it's really the lens that is limiting the quality.
Compared to what an iPhone can do, I was hoping for better.
We've got 2 X's in our family; both run just fine, but pictures tend to be blurry or grainy, sometimes even when the lighting was decent.

Reaction score
For me it's the fact that it is built great and has no major issues. I would take this phone over any of the new phones today.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Size of the screen and layout of it. Better widescreen pic compared to the HTC's out there because it is taller and narrower.

Amazing stock battery life. Even better with a good ROM and under clock. Im on Rubix and just went 36 hours and the battery was at 10%. I didn't talk much but played with it a ton.

Build quality. Moto builds a better product imo, materials wise, than HTC. (Tho I will say the Thunderbolt feel quite a bit nicer than their previous stuff)

Launcher Pro, Beautiful Widget ... I love those apps.