A few issues I have questions about...

greycobalt

Reaction score
So I've had the X2 about a week, and I like it so far, but a few things have happened that have made me wonder whether the phone is going crazy, or I've gotten a bad handset, or something else is going on.

I leave it plugged in overnight next to my bed. Sometimes I wake up and it's fine. Other times, I wake up, and the phone has turned itself off. It won't turn back on until I do a battery pull. No idea what could be causing that. Also, when this particular problem happens, it takes about 20 minutes for all my notifications to catch up. I just got 28 text messages about a half hour after I turned the phone back on.

The battery twice now has been a bit screwy. It's been at 70%+, and within 20 minutes or so will widdle itself down to <20%. I'm using the extended battery for the Droid X, and I'm pretty sure it can't have gone bad yet, because other times it will last the whole day without incident. Is this some software problem?

Sometimes the phone will have unbearable lag. Opening programs, whether it's the market place or texts, will take a good 10-15 seconds. Scrolling through the main menus will be jumpy and unresponsive. A reboot fixes that. Is it a memory dump of some kind? I rooted it with Gingerbreak and froze all the Verizon bloatware, but that was the extent of my modifications.

Final question, is this all bad programming, or faulty hardware? Can they release updates that fix these problems, or will they need to release new models of the phone? Seems kind of sad that something with better hardware than the first X is lagging behind because of shoddy development. Thanks for your answers, I like trying to stay informed. :)

vvildcard

Reaction score
Try the link in my sig... it should help with some of the slow/laggy problems.

As for the battery, some users report they have to run it down (less than 10% should be plenty) and charge completely back to full before it starts reporting properly... but I don't know if that would apply for the extended battery.

If all else fails, I'd get it exchanged... there are lots of people reporting a night-and-day difference between a first-time lemon and a replacement.

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
Do you think I should wait for GB to see if it fixes any of these things, or is it too far off to matter?

Edit: I tried that forum thread you linked. I made a post in there because I'm noobish and confused. :)

Last edited:

barski

Reaction score
The best part of the Droid X2 is the battery life. I find it amazing compared to the Droid X, but that's about it.