A few Hancent Questions

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
How do you send text to multiple contacts?

How do you forward a text to another contact?

It keeps deleting old conversations I have with contacts. Basically keeping the last few lines of a text conversation. I cannot figured out how to change this. Any help??

TIA!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
to send to more than one contact just type in the persons name and select, then type in the next persons name, etc.

to forward a message press and long hold that message and a list of options will pop up.

I've no idea about your deleting messages sorry

-=Jason=-

CatsTide

Reaction score

It keeps deleting old conversations I have with contacts. Basically keeping the last few lines of a text conversation. I cannot figured out how to change this. Any help??

TIA!
1. batch mode
2.long press the text you want to forward
3....there is a setting somewhere but i can't remember where

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use batch mode not even sure what it is, but like I said to send to more than one person you just type the names into the " To: " field

-=Jason=-

Last edited:
OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score

TIA!
1. batch mode
2.long press the text you want to forward
3....there is a setting somewhere but i can't remember where

Thanx for the quick responses. I've tried using batch mode to send multiple texts, but I cant figure it out. Any additional info would help.

aacanela73

Reaction score
There is a limit on how many messages it will keep in the settings menu. Change your settings so it doesn't wipe them after 45 or whatever the default is.

GUESS WHAT GUYS???? I THINK I LIKE CHOMP BETTER!! TRY IT OUT

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
I don't use batch mode not even sure what it is, but like I said to send to more than one person you just type the names into the " To: " field

-=Jason=-

Is there a way to just go throught the contacts list and just check the contacts I want to include in the batch text? Typing the contacts in individually is a inconveinience.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

-=Jason=-

Is there a way to just go throught the contacts list and just check the contacts I want to include in the batch text? Typing the contacts in individually is a inconveinience.
the little blue circle with the + click that and it opens up your contact list you can then click the check marks on the left hand side,
you can ALSO create a group, say "family" you put mom,dad,sister,brother etc. in that group you can just select group and send a text to the entire group. you can also delete a name after the group has been selected if you wish maybe you dont want mom and sister looking at the TahTahs you are forwarding

-=Jason=-

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score

-=Jason=-

the little blue circle with the + click that and it opens up your contact list you can then click the check marks on the left hand side,
you can ALSO create a group, say "family" you put mom,dad,sister,brother etc. in that group you can just select group and send a text to the entire group. you can also delete a name after the group has been selected if you wish maybe you dont want mom and sister looking at the TahTahs you are forwarding

-=Jason=-

Got it thanx. I think I've read this somewhere else, but is there a way to delete the stock messenger app without rooting the phone?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no need to delete the stock app, just open it up and disable it from sending/receiving and notifications, then set Handcent as your default app

-=Jason=-

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
no need to delete the stock app, just open it up and disable it from sending/receiving and notifications, then set Handcent as your default app

-=Jason=-

When I open the stock messenger app it contains text that I have in Handcent. I've set it up so Handcent is the default app and do not receive notifications form the stock app. How do I stop the defualt app from getting these text?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

-=Jason=-

When I open the stock messenger app it contains text that I have in Handcent. I've set it up so Handcent is the default app and do not receive notifications form the stock app. How do I stop the defualt app from getting these text?
You can't, they'll remain in there.... but you won't take up any additional memory and it won't notify... so it shouldn't worry you :)

rescuesmack

Reaction score
I have found that the old messaging app was pretty useful in keeping the text messages that Handcent deletes. Just an FYI if you wanted to recover any past messages

lawdog6153

Reaction score
im having trouble using batch mode, can someone tell me step by step.