A few general questions?!

dvernik

Reaction score
Hey all! So my contract expires soon and i have a life changing question. Droid 2 or blackberry Bold? Im leaning towards the Droid because of all its capabilities. I just have a few general questions

1) Do i have to pay in addition monthly to the $30 data plan for the mobile hotspot app(where you can hook up 5 different devices to internet)?

2) With adobe flash, can i play online games (like on sites)?

3) The droid has like the 7 different pages on the home screen for apps, can i change it so that all the apps are on one tab (do you know what i mean? its pritty unclear?)

4) the droid syncs facebook phone numbers with the phone, can i make in not do that?

Thank you so much

Last edited:

haroldbmx

Reaction score
Droid by far, has the capability for work and just all out fun and its just a phone. Blackberry is more of a buisiness phone. I bought the droid 2 and absolutely love it. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

haroldbmx

Reaction score
And yes, you pay the additional 30 for the data package. And I've played online spades, but I'm not a big online gamer on pc, so I wouldn't be able to help you on that. And if you mean the sliding dock? If so then yes you can set apps on it. You will just have to download launcher pro from the market. The lite version is free. Hope this was helpful.

nybadboy11

Reaction score
droid 2 verse droid X

what phone is better and what phone is faster?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If you go with the D2, after you have had it for a while you can root the phone (read up on rooting here in the forums). You can use the mobile hotspot feature using wireless tether (free on the market) and you don't have to go through the extra charge from verizon.

You can use folders to group all of your apps together and get them all on one screen. Also, with seven screens you could instead use each screen like a folder. One screen is your productivity apps, another is tools, and one for games. You get the picture. Blackberry is excellent 1990's technology. If it wasn't 2010 that would be good. There was an excellent article on engadget about blackberry being out of date and nothing on the horizon to bring them current. If you are looking for a phone with the style of BB check out the droid pro. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

haroldbmx

Reaction score
I agree with firefighter^^

GT944

Reaction score
To answer your fourth question - the answer is yes, you can keep your phone contacts separate from FB and not have any syncing going on. It would be in the FB app settings.

Oh and for question three - on some of the droid phones (I believe all of the Moto phones do this) you can remove pages and shrink it down to just a couple - or one - pages, grouping everything you use onto a few pages. This can be done without downloading a homepage management application I believe - any confirmation from D2 users?